New years newbie: Earguy

Options
I'm in total denial that joining MPF on January 2 is clichéd!

It's just time. In 2011 I used Weight Watchers Online to lose 30 pounds an reach my goal weight. My doctor was so proud. Took me off my blood pressure meds. I maintained for a few months, then the cost of the WW program started to annoy me. "I know how to eat healthy, I'm staying on track and I'm not using their tools," I told myself, and I quit.

It took me a year, but I've gained 20 pounds. I've been avoiding my doctor. My clothes don't fit. It's just time.

A friend told me about MFP so I'm going to try it out, on the surface it seems similar to WW online. In some ways MFP seems superior (forums etc.) and you can't argue with the cost!

So, based on how I used WW, you can expect to see me around, especially in the "somewhat older guys" threads and general celebrating successes. I try to be funny and keep it positive.

20 pounds 20 weeks!!!

Replies

• 4rick
    4rick Posts: 23
    Options
    If you would like some support feel free to send a friend request to me. I to am wanting to turn things around in 2013.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting back on track!
    If you need a friend on here feel free to add me. This site has changed my life. And the price is def right.
  • madhousenmich
    madhousenmich Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Googluck, this site is great and works wonders if you use it (which I haven't)
  • yannuzzi
    Options
    Welcome Earguy. I, too, did Weight Watchers 3 different times with no success. My Fitness Pal has been my saving grace. I was only 6 or 7 lbs. to goal when the holidays hit. I'm not 10.4 lbs to goal. Everyone here is so supportive and inspiring. Everything I've needed and was lacking at WW online. Good luck on your journey.......20 lbs in 20 weeks. Totally doable and we'll encourage you all we can. Feel free to friend me. I'd be happy to support you in any way I can.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I love your picture. Friend me, if you want. I'm avoiding my doctor for the moment too.

Good luck with all your goals.
    <3
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I had a similar experience with WW. Lost the weight, stopped going to meetings, gained it back. I actually gained way more back over 6 years. MFP has been great for me for the past five months. Hopefully we get it right this time! Congrats on starting again!
  • naffito
    naffito Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with a cliche

the only way to suceed is to be honest with yourself
    I'm a serial, "oh just this once wont hurt" "oh its just one bad week" "oh its just half a stone, i can lose that again"
    Good Luck, the people on here ARE the best