I need some help...

Options
It's crunch time for me to lose 10 pounds. I've given myself until April 1st to hit this goal. I re-joined here 75 days ago. I lost 7 pounds in the first couple of weeks - and began my plateau around 11/20. Between 11/20 and 12/20 I had the stomach bug twice, an ear infection and cold so was unable to work out. My calories stayed between 1200-1600. I haven't eaten the healthiest in the last month and am back to eating clean starting today. I've noticed that I was losing weight when my net calories were under 1000 (due to working out and not eating back my calories). Since I have splurged over the last couple of weeks (granted not on the healthiest of foods) I have not broken my plateau and in fact I am up 4 pounds within my 7. So 75 days later I am only down 3 pounds total.

I have been logging faithfully which I'm proud, of but can't seem to lose any weight. Starting today I will be working out hard at least 4x per week - this will be kickboxing, spinning and weight lifting (heavy) maybe 1-2 times per week.

Anyone care to offer any advice? I have to fit into a bridesmaid dress that currentlly barely zips up. I am also eliminately alcohol completely too. My problem area is my torso (belly and chest) as I can still wear my smaller pants but not without muffin top. I'm 5'0. Thanks!

Replies

• HollyAnn_
    HollyAnn_ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think what you said sounds like a good plan. Give a few weeks to see what will happen. I've always read where eating more calories helps break a plateau. Might try that if this doesn't work

I've kinda been stuck too. We will get there! Hard work and commitment! We got this

Oh and "Caribbean blue" ;)
  • Jalyst79
    Jalyst79 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    If you are going to be kickboxing and work out more, add strength training. Measure yourself before and then again in a few weeks. Don't focus on the number on the scale, focus on the inches lost.
  • TC4IOWASTATE
    TC4IOWASTATE Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am trying to and with all your motivations I will get there too! Keep moving and focus on the new year and no more holidays.
  • Juliechilli
    Juliechilli Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I will definately focus on losing inches as well since, really, that's what it will take to zip up my bridesmaid dress more than going by what the scale says.. I just need some results. I just cannot buy into the eat more to lose because I have been eating more in the last month (not on purpose) and I've gained and/or maintained...