recipe ideas for left over stilton

Options
morenita71
morenita71 Posts: 137 Member
Hi I have a big slab of Stilton which goes off on 9 Jan 2013 - i never normally keep cheese in the house other than parmesan as it's too tempting to snack on. Any ideas what I can do with it? I mean recipes that is! I'm sure I could enter a cheese rolling competition with it/use it as a door stop but prefer recipes - thanks!

Replies

• joeyjoey86
    joeyjoey86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Stilton and broccoli soup is amazing!! there are some good recipes for it on bbc food website. Enjoy :)
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Stilton and broccoli soup is amazing!! there are some good recipes for it on bbc food website. Enjoy :)
    That's exactly what I was going to say! I love stilton :love:
  • Paul_Kent_UK
    Paul_Kent_UK Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Add my vote for that - you could probably freeze the soup too
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Stuff a chicken breast with some then wrap with a rasher of bacon, or Parma ham if you're going fancy!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    None of the recipes that I have are necessarily suitable for a 'diet' website...

Substitute stilton for cheddar in your favorite macaroni and cheese recipe--makes a very grown-up version!

Make scalloped potatoes using the stilton.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Stilton goes wonderfully on mushrooms....
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/stilton_mushrooms_60071

Large flat mushroom cooked then grilled with Stilton on top makes a veggie alternative to a burger
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Stuff a chicken breast with some then wrap with a rasher of bacon, or Parma ham if you're going fancy!

THIS!^^^^ stilton stuffed chicken breast is awesome!
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'd make an apple and Stilton cheese salad. Get a nice crisp apple, and slice it up. Crumble up that Stilton and mix in with some fresh salad greens (you can use spinach, lettuce, mixed greens, watercress, etc.) and then throw on some chopped walnuts. Toss with a nice light acidic dressing such as vinegar and oil, or something equally appealing.
  • morenita71
    morenita71 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    thanks guys - some lovely ideas that have got my mouth watering already. To start with have decided to add some to tonight's dinner (Chicken and mushroom risotto soup) instead of parmesan. Mmmm.....
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    All these ideas sound so good I'm getting some Stilton tonight! :)
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Hi M, follow this link to stilton Heaven :love:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/search?keywords=stilton