Christmas traveling

Options
cjam134
cjam134 Posts: 24 Member
I just to back from 11 days on the road visiting family for the holidays. There were restaurant meals, big turkey dinners, plates of cookies, cakes and chocolates, not much time for exercise. I decided before I went that I wouldn't track, I would indulge on the things I really love ( like my aunts home made butter tarts and my mom's stuffing) and I would always fill my plate with mosly veg ( when I could find it without sauce!) I tried a little nibble of all the treats but mostly turned down seconds. I got back yesterday and this morning I weighed exactly the same as the day I left! I'm calling it "practice for maintenance". I'm quite proud of myself.

Replies

• fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a big accomplishment. I stopped tracking when I went on my cruise in mid-December and then ate what I wanted over the holidays. Unfortunately, I gained 10 pounds. It is a new year and I am ready to get back on track and lose weight. Keep up the great work. We can do it!
  • ArianaLuvsMe101
    Options
    Oh wow! Thats a great thing to do!! Keep it up!
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Well done you!
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Nice! I only put on .8 pounds over the holidays which is pretty good for me and probably mostly salt water retention due to the Chinese takeout. My engines and warp drive will be up to full capacity in a day or so.
  • valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Great job, an inspiration for the day I hit maintenance!
  • nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I love the term practice maintenance. Way to go.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Awesome.
    Did the same sort of thing. Drove from NC to MA (~14.5 hours each way) for a week with family. I was by no means perfect with exercise and logging. Still managed to come home 0.2 pounds lighter than when we left.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!