Eating out and going on holiday

Options
Hello everyone I am new to fitness pal. I wondered how people used this when they ate out at restaurants, or were invited to someone's house for dinner or went abroad on a holiday. Due to do all three soon so just wondered how you would enter these things in your food diary.

Replies

• Playingwithfire89
    Options
    So first of all:
    Restaurants - spend some time online reading different places nutritional info (on there official site.) and decide what u will order before going.

Friends house - follow rules of thumb and try to keep track. Veggies r 20 cal a cup lean protein 80 cal a card deck sized serving, oils n fats r 100-120 cal a tablespoon....just try(:

Travel - research research research! I can tell you the calories in like 300 foods off the top of my head. Find out where your going and look at healthy food there.

Ex: I'm going to Disney land! What will I eat!? Well online menu says they have a sandwich shop...and a soup place...oh they sell fruit cups there!
    If you understand food and nutrition u can eyeball calories of basic things pretty well just by looking at how much/what type bread chicken/cheese mayo p......
  • sanchia46
    Options
    thanks
  • cjam134
    cjam134 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The way that I handle restaurants is to eat out very infrequently but get whatever I want when I do. We eat out maybe once every month or two but when we do, I don't think about calories much. Someone that eats at a restaurant more frequently would have to look at the menu and nutritional info online beforehand to make better choices.