frustrated

Options
i have been inconsistent lately, i was in the hospital on november 26th and i got weighed... i was shocked at the number i saw, because it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different than the scale at my gym and i mean waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different, so i got a little [more than a little] depressed... then on the 30th my father died, so things just haven't gone right, add to that i am having stress at work, and no support on my weight loss efforts at home, sometimes i feel alone in this effort and with that huge difference in scale weight i sometimes wonder why i'm bothering if i'm not seeing the progress i thought i was making, i'm not giving up i just want to see and feel the results and i just don't right now

Replies

• jhunny31
    Options
    First of all my condolences to you. I could not even begin to imagine losing a loved one. Secondly the scale is a no no. I have to learn myself to stay off of it as well as it never really moves especially when I start a new workout program. I was told to go by inches which has been proven to be more effective and accurate at weight loss. Don't give up, that's the first thing and just do what you can. Even if you do 10 min here and there (throughout the day) that will help. Good luck to you.
  • misslottiekaye
    Options
    Please don't feel alone, there are lots of us out here who can help you who have been through the same situations ourselves. I find comfort in the strangest places - often the most positive response to weight loss comes from people who aren't so close to you. As for scales - I can move mine one inch on the bathroom floor and I weigh 5 pounds more! I am sorry you've had such rough time recently, but you can get through this.
  • appleshells
    Options
    So sorry about your dad.

Don't beat yourself up. I think hospital scales are off by ALOT more than the scale at your gym. You can do this!!!! :smile:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss Mike :flowerforyou:

As for scales, it should never bother you if you jump on scales that you dont usually use. The only thing that matters is the downward trend on the one's you regularly use. Stick to the same scales, always!!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry for your loss, too. Take care of you.