Biggest 2012 Disappointment

Options

Replies

• maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i had done so well and lost 80 lbs this past year i got cocky or lazy or both and gained 35 back when i only had 20 more lbs to lose to meet my goal ..while im not beating myself up over it i still am disappointed in myself . im back on track for 2013 though .. im not only losing that weight but losing that other 20lbs i shouldve lost last year
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be the lone voice in the wilderness here, but 2012 wasn't a disappointment. It was good. And I'm looking forward to 2013 being even better.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    finishing it heavier than I started it. Damned Mirena *shakes fist*
  • cwag_afw
    cwag_afw Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Not losing more weight than I did. My own fault though! I didn't start until April (had surgery last January). I want to reach my goal of 25 more pounds by this April!!
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Not paying enough attention to myself! I gave too much and did not give enough to myself in 2012.....
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Honestly?

Me.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    My husband losing his job 7 months after losing his sister.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    nevermind :)
  • a_certain_shade_of_green
    Options
    i still can't pull off a sweat band on my head :sad:

for everything else bad/average that happened, life goes on
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I feel like apologizing for thinking i had a rough time last year after reading this thread.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Apart from crappy time at work (which is still ongoing) my only other issue was I didn't lose the weight I wanted to before I hit 40. I could've done it if I really wanted to, but I guess I used the excuse of stress at work to eat like a pig!

Anyway, on the whole I enjoyed my year with my family, I try not to let little things like my job interfere with the rest of my life and I'm a pretty positive person. I also gained a very good friend (yes, that's you Sarah!) thanks to MFP which is a lot to be thankful for :happy:
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Biggest disappointment of 2012 was realizing that I was no longer in love with my fiancee (who I'd been with for 3 years), and having to put us both through a lot of emotional pain and eventually a breakup. However, fortunately, we are still on good terms and will always be friends.

There was also the fact that due to some old roommate drama, I am not allowed over to my best friend's house at all any more except for very rare occasions. Since summer (when I moved out of that house), I have been allowed over twice. It's annoying to be sure, considering I'm friends with 4 people in that house and only 1 has a problem with me, but I'll deal. I'm a mature adult, dammit. :P
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Long runs all Summer on the beach in South Texas:explode: :explode: :explode: to run the Tamarindo Beach Marathon in Costa Rica - 3 days into trip I caught a stomach bug!!! Instead of carbo-loading, I lost 7 lbs. Traveled half way around the world to stay in hotel room eating soda crackers & ginger ale. :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I guess it was hitting my highest weight but then again, that's why I'm here.
    Although, my father worked for Hostess. That was a pretty big disappointment.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I feel like apologizing for thinking i had a rough time last year after reading this thread.

I know, right? We all have our problems but some of the stuff here just makes me really thankful that my year hasn't been nearly as bad in comparison.
  • KaydeForce
    KaydeForce Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Nothing terrible compared to what some of you guys experienced. I'm really sorry and I hope for all of you that this year will be better.

My bottom line:

one failed relationship (including a major disappointment when he made my weightloss a prerequisite for a relationship).
    several dating disasters, but nothing traumatizing
    serious bullying by superiors which almost caused a burnout
    a major fail in my weightloss plan

Other than that I'm good.
  • Lady_Senie
    Lady_Senie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I think the biggest disappointment (outside of 'weight gain instead of loss', or the persistent 'I have my frickin job' usual stuff) was my vacation in July. I was determined that since I hadn't really spent more than a week every 1-2 years back in Philly that I was gonna use the bulk of my stockpiled vacation time on a month-long trip down with my husband and son in July. Like ALL of July. I was so excited for a chance to re-connect with my 4 brothers and giving my son a chance to REALLY get to know my home and family...

1. July was miserable, so we didn't get out of my parents' house much
    2. 3 of my four brothers treated the whole thing like I was either a) trying ot add to the family drama, b) deliberately disturbing their lives, or c) a bad dose of medicine that needed to be endured. I only had one brother that was happy to see me and mine.
    3. My husband and I decided to renew our vows in Philly since the only brother of mine that bothered to show for our wedding was the only one that was happy to see me in Philly. Needless to say, the resulting ridiculousness had me in tears for days after. Only 2 of my brothers showed up, and the extra one showed because HIS wife insisted.

But I've learned my lesson. I refuse to take time and spend money and effort dealing with people that obviously couldn't be bothered. So I informed all of my brothers that I wasn't going back to Philly again until they brought their lazy butts - that have NEVER been to Canada once in the 8 years I've lived here - up. Time for them to put some effort into our relationship, eh?

As for the rest, 2012 schooled me on a LOT of different fronts. I'm ready to conquer 2013, and I've already started ^_^
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    My god....I"m so depressed after reading this thread.

Everyone has rough years....straight up sh*tty years....some better than others...some worse...

Just know you all have the power to take life by the balls and make 2013 good...and I hope you do. :flowerforyou: But like everyone...there will be tough times. Always.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Was a tough year.

- Started with my cat getting sick, ended up spending $7,000 in vet bills and surgery. For that We will be in debt for a while

$7,000 on a cat? No....see if it had been me that sentence would read "cat got sick and died"
    There's no way - there's that car you needed

This thread is beyond depressing
  • ksnegirl
    ksnegirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Obama winning the election.