IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH FLAVORED SPARKLING WATER

Options
I enjoy drinking the flavored waters from Sam's Club and Walmart... What is exactly wrong with drinking flavored water?

Replies

• sing4me4you
    sing4me4you Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong that I can see...
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I enjoy drinking the flavored waters from Sam's Club and Walmart... What is exactly wrong with drinking flavored water?

No idea. What is exactly wrong with drinking flavoured water?
  • apachebat
    apachebat Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    They are kind of high in sodium.
  • sandyn2
    Options
    Are you talking about the Sam's version of La Croix or Vitamin water or another product? I drink La Croix but some flavored waters have artificial sweetners and colors that are not good for you.
  • DeMayr
    DeMayr Posts: 67
    Options
    Nothing wrong.
  • Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Nothing, and there's definitely nothing wrong if that's what will help you get your required water intake. I actually hate the taste of flavored water, but if that's your thing, go for it!

Just make sure it's 0 calories, like regular water. Some people may say that there are sweeteners in there that may affect your long term health, but most of the negative consequences of those sweeteners have not been researched enough.

Otherwise, cheers!
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Unless it's filled with sugar and additives then nothing as far as I am aware....there are some really good ones on the market in my opinion (though some crappy ones too - see aforemetioned comment regarding sugar and additivies).

However, I am not a nutritionist therefore I can only go on my own opinion and impact on weight loss (e.g. no impact).
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    As long as they aren't packed with HFCS or artificial sweeteners, drink up...
  • mrshill2007
    mrshill2007 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The water from Sam's and Walmart, do not have sodium, sugars, or calories...lol...at least that is what the labels say... but they have all type of flovors
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I don't think so... I personally prefer the non-flavored or un-sweetened flavored ones, but that's me.

What were you told was wrong with them?
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the ingredients... if it says anything other than carbonated water, it's not the best choice. Try out brands like Polar - they have a zillion flavors and they are totally natural, unsweetened by anything and have zero sodium. Some of my favorite flavors are: Ginger lemonade, Mint Mojito, Ruby Red Grapefruit, Pomegranate Cherry, etc.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I am going to assume they have artificial sweeteners. That could be the only problem that some people may have with them as far as I can see. There is a big anti-artificial anything group out there. I used to drink a lot more artificial sweeteners than I do now. For me, it is a personal choice. I have decided to eat more natural foods. However, I think that you need to do what works for you. I love plain water. Some people I know can't seem to choke it down. If flavored is the only way you can get your water in for the day, I would say go for it.
  • DLSlim
    DLSlim Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love Walmart's Clear American Golden Peach! I see nothing wrong with it!
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the ingredients... if it says anything other than carbonated water, it's not the best choice. Try out brands like Polar - they have a zillion flavors and they are totally natural, unsweetened by anything and have zero sodium. Some of my favorite flavors are: Ginger lemonade, Mint Mojito, Ruby Red Grapefruit, Pomegranate Cherry, etc.

I drink flavored seltzer all the time. Just water and natural flavor. No sweeteners of any kind. I wish Polar had more flavors in individual cans, since the bigger bottles always go flat really quickly.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    If it says No Artificial Sweeteners... DRINK IT!! I personally have to drink water with flavoring it helps with getting down atleast 80 oz a day..
    I use Crystal light packets and water enhancers. I try to stay away from sparkling water.
  • Shas2228
    Shas2228 Posts: 187
    Options
    Nothing's wrong with them love.

My favorites are Cascade Ice, Mango Orange or Strawberry Lemonade :-)
  • mtabh
    mtabh Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Personally I try to watch my sodium intake. This for me means avoiding that type of stuff as they are generally high in sodium. Also, I like my water plain. I don't think there is anything wrong with them, just not for me.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    there's just nothing better than pure water :)
  • amomofthree78
    amomofthree78 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just be careful of the sugar substitute, many are not natural and do not help the body. They instead make you retain belly fat, and some have been linked to cancers of different sorts. I would just be sure of what you are putting in to your body. A great way is to take water, seltzer water and your own fruit, add your own natural stevia sugar and then you know where it came from.