Biggest 2012 Disappointment

Options

Replies

• miss_magzy
    miss_magzy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It was a good year in the sense of I do feel blessed but I am disappointed in myself. I let myself down. Worked so far up until October and then messed it all up just when I started to feel really good about myself. Self sabotage? I think so. Am i scared to look good? I dont know why i did that to myself but I did. So of the 17 i lost, I gained back 10. First goal, get rid of the 10. Then from there, 25 more!
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    This thread is beyond depressing

/agree
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be the lone voice in the wilderness here, but 2012 wasn't a disappointment. It was good. And I'm looking forward to 2013 being even better.

You are not the lone voice in the wilderness. I was going to say my 2012 was not a dissapointment. Did everything go the way I wanted it to? Nope but such is life. 2013 can only be better.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    That the Christian Slater film Playback didn't gross more at the box office.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be the lone voice in the wilderness here, but 2012 wasn't a disappointment. It was good. And I'm looking forward to 2013 being even better.

You are not the lone voice in the wilderness. I was going to say my 2012 was not a dissapointment. Did everything go the way I wanted it to? Nope but such is life. 2013 can only be better.

I wasn't thrilled with the year but wallowing in self pity isn't going to help anything and anything I'm not thrilled with from the past year, is on me....my own fault. I know what to do to correct it so I'm going to smile and fake it till I really am effing cheerful darnit lol
  • Anewcrys
    Anewcrys Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That Hostess went out of business...It's bitter sweet!:angry:
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    That the Christian Slater film Playback didn't gross more at the box office.

Christian Slater was in a new movie in 2012 :huh:

I'm disappointed I didn't realize this haha
  • Poecile
    Poecile Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The fact that I stopped during the first part of this journey, just because some anon poseur said some nasty things to me.

I won't let that happen again. I'm beating this weight this year and proving all those f***ers wrong!
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Not sure if they were disappointments or just sad events:

within a 5 week period...I lost

My Uncle Billy
    Aunt Karen (hit by a police cruiser)
    Uncle Fred
    Grandpa Murphy
    and my friends daughter was one of the victims of the Newtown shooting.

My Goumba had brain surgery, my grandmother had a stroke, and my car went to complete crap after the roof in my house had a leak during a rainy week...

My bf broke up with me AND a guy I dated after that cleaned out my bank account.

It was a sad year for me losing so many of my family members and my house and car..yet somehow I know my life still isn't all bad. Bad things happen to good people all the time...just gotta handle the situation and move forward.

Bring on 2013.....this year is MINE
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    lose 50 lbs, and then turn around with all the tragedy after Thanksgiving, I gained 5 lbs in a month...really? How does that even work? My own fault
  • Ashleyyyb93
    Options
    Dropping out of my third year at college due to emotional stresses that were taking over my life.

I have always loved education and so that was hard for me. x x x
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I feel like apologizing for thinking i had a rough time last year after reading this thread.

Me too. Just goes to prove...if we all put our troubles in a pile, we'd probably take our own back.
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    The fact that I stopped during the first part of this journey, just because some anon poseur said some nasty things to me.

I won't let that happen again. I'm beating this weight this year and proving all those f***ers wrong!

NEVER let anyone affect your progress. Thewords of others should have no affect on you. "Noone can make you feel inferior without your consent". Remember that..YOU choose how to react to any given situation. You could choose to cry, lie doen, and give up..OR you can say F*** you....and be the best you that you can be.

You are awesome and dont let anyone tell you different.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Getting sucker punched by someone I trusted. I can't really say more than that.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

Me, too.

I hope that those of you who had a disappointing and difficult 2012 will find success and blessings in the new year.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Not winning the lottery for the 15th time in my life. Geez! What does it take?

Contracting genital herpes at the PeeWee Herman convention. Who knew?

Not receiving my mail order bride bc the carrier complained he couldn't carry her or fit her in the mail box. Seriously? WTF?

Learning that Kermit the frog had Miss Piggy before me. Yet another doctor visit cause you never know where the frog has been.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I had a bad fall last summer and it appears I've developed arthritis in my right hip as a result. I never knew you could contract arthritis from an injury but apparently that's the case. Prior to the fall, I had no hip pain whatsoever and was contemplating training to walk a full marathon. I walked 17 miles in May and was thumbs up on training and now it's painful putting on my socks.

Life hands you curve balls and you adjust. It means a lot to me that Wayne Gretsky, Dorothy Hamill, and Joe Montana are very active athletes yet have arthritis. I may have to forgo my marathon dream, but I'm not relegated to a recliner either.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Made it through the first year of a more prestigious job...which I hate. At my old job (miniscule amount less money & no pension) I LOVED going to work every day. Now I have IBS from stress. :mad:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Not the biggest, but the first that comes to mind is the last season on Biggest Loser - just about every contestant was a douche nozzle or *kitten* waffle, and not a single one was charasmatic. Just watching it made me mad.
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    That I still haven't found the magic portal where all of my friends are getting their boyfriends/husbands. Only dudes I get attention from are the 11-13 year olds I teach! :laugh:

Lol, this sounds just like me!! Damnit, women need to help eachother out....where is this damn portal? SHARE!!!! :sad: