so sad not weight related

Options
I walk at least 5 times a week. Where I walk is a baseball field. I started playing softball when I was 9 years old. I tore my acl when I was 12 years old playing basketball. After that I didn't play softball again until my freshman year. I always felt like I did a good job but my mom old me I wasn't any good so I just gave it up. After that since I stopped playing I packed on the weight. I started to tear up walking past the fields. That is one thing when I lose the weight I am gonna start playing again.

Replies

• Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Good for you! It's a shame that your mom didn't encourage you. If you enjoy it I don't think it matters if you are the worst one on the field. LOL
  • sonnacchio
    sonnacchio Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Oh, the pain parents inflict unknowingly. I am SO sorry you carry those emotions around with you. When you are ready, go find a team and have fun. That is what life is about - having fun!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Don't wait until you lose the weight. You find a team and join soon! It is something you enjoy and you deserve it! GOOOOOOOOOOOOO You!:flowerforyou:
  • NaturalMom
    Options
    I agree with FabulousFifty. Don't wait! Go for it. Have fun!
  • bby_baer
    bby_baer Posts: 39
    Options
    And I agree with both FabulousFifty AND NaturalMom...Don't wait any longer!! By the sounds of it, you have waited long enough! Go play and have fun! Don't wait til you lose weight, waste of time...play now and it will help you lose the weight faster!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I used to watch my DD play on a mixed up team............ages? 18-65.............weights? 100-300!!! The heaviest girl could POUND that ball into center field, onto the boys field!!

Go, play, have fun! You will not know what you CAN do until you try!!
  • futuredispatchhottie911
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your advice so I called my dad to see if he would throw with me. He said if he found the time so I told him one day he spends less time in front of the computer and I will spend less time in front of the Yvonne and he said okay. He is upset with my mom because she got rid of all of our softball equipment. :flowerforyou: