Insulin Resistance - Carbs?

Options
Just curious - for those of you with insulin resistance, how many carbs do you eat every day?

I'm on 500 mg of Metformin, and despite staying with my calories and varying my exercise routine, I've been stuck right around the same weight for going on eight weeks. (My measurements haven't changed either.)

I think my carbs may be the issue since my sodium, water intake, etc are all spot-on. I've been eating around 150 carbs per day, but that may be too many, given some articles I've read.

What do you stick to, and does it help with your weight loss? Do you ever stall out, despite your best efforts?

I realize I'm going to lose weight much slower than a "normal" person, but being stuck at the same weight for eight weeks is kind of ridiculous. ;) It's a bit demoralizing, and I'm trying to keep my chin up. I know that even if I don't lose a single pound, I'm still much healthier, but come on... it's about time for the scale and measuring tape to start moving again. :)

Replies

• EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Bump?

Maybe I should post this in a low-carb group.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I keep my carbs below 100 and my 'net' carbs (minus fiber) under 60g per day. I eat at a 500-700 deficit below my maintenance level and have been losing pretty steadily since I started at the end of August. I get 90% of my carbs from fresh veggies and fruit, no pasta, bread, potatoes, rice, or corn. Occasionally I will have something with oatmeal in it, or a very high fiber tortilla. Most of my cals are spent on protein and good fats.
    I would suggest looking thru the success stories for people around your age who have lost 100 or more pounds and see how they have done it. There are many people on here who have been successful with losing large amounts of weight, so don't get discouraged. I was almost 100 lbs over at one point. I have friends on here who have lost almost 150 pounds and are still going strong towards their goal.
    Hang in there and keep trying to find what works for you.
    Feel free to friend me if you like.
  • vopat45
    vopat45 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Built_Strong
    Built_Strong Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Net Carbs are under 50g per day. I