Aiming to lose 20lbs need friends to keep my motivated

Options
:smile: :flowerforyou: Hi All
I know it's a doable amount, I just always give up after I've lost about five pounds. This year I want to start a fresh, with healthy eating and exercise forming an everyday part of my life. I'm giving up alcohol for two months. I can't remember the last time I didn't have a drink for that long, I'm also going to try and not eat carbs in the evening.

All friends, whatever your goals welcome.

Lucy

Replies

• jdfreeland
    jdfreeland Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Lucy

I'm right with you..after I lose a certain amount of weight I get content and stop tracking and exercising..I have challenged myself that for every 20lbs I lose..I will give myself a little incentive like buy me a new outfit or 2..I contemplated giving up alcohol as well..Just not sure if I'm really ready to do that..I have decided to give up sweets and sodas again..so thats a start. I gave up soda and sweets back in 2011 and lost about 10lbs by just doing that..then I started exercising and kept losing..by the summer I was like bump this..I want to eat all the cookout food and enjoy my summer..well needless to say..I'm back where I started from..So if you want to add me as a friend..feel free to do so. Good Luck with your journey!
  • nomes1979
    nomes1979 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Lucy,
    Im in the same boat - Ideally need to lose a stone and half. Usually manage to lose a half then pile it back on. Drinking is one of my downfalls, especially at the weekend. So on a mission to have a dry January and make some real lift style changes.
    I am very determined this time :happy:

Naomi :flowerforyou:
  • Lucy_london
    Lucy_london Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yay, lets do this together :)
  • Lucy_london
    Options
    I will add you xxx :)
  • extraleggy68
    extraleggy68 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Dry January in my household too! Back on the SW plan and the swimming pool opened again this week after being shut for 7weeks.

Here's to renewed efforts *raises glass of water*
  • Christine26
    Christine26 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I need motivation as well! Seem to start off well, then life happens, and it seems exercise and diet are the first things that get pushed aside!
  • athorp127
    athorp127 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Lucy,

I'm looking to go for 20 lbs as well! Baby weight is HARD to work off with the added stress and lack of time! I want to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight before getting pregnant with #2!

Good luck to everyone! :)
  • Lucy_london
    Options
    My new years resolution this year is to be a bit selfish. I want to spend my free time eating healthy and exercising. Normally I fall apart because I feel guilty for letting friends down, then go for a drink, which turns into dinner and more drinks and then no time for exercising. Or hanging the next day, so can't be bothered. I feel so much better when I eat healthy and exercise... i think the trick is to give yourself a treat day. So you don't feel you have to miss out everything x
  • Sla6adm
    Sla6adm Posts: 31
    Options
    I would like to lose about 12lbs (doesn't sound much but as I'm short, my RDA is small and so it'll take forever). Please feel free to add me. I have also given up drinking for new year as I believe it was this, combined with fry ups that made me go up 2 dress sizes in the first place! Anyone else feel free to add me too - as I'm new and so have zero friends!!!!
  • Christine26
    Christine26 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I lost count of how many times I have said I'm going to start being selfish and put my wants and needs first...I can never seem to stick to it! I always feel guilty and give in and I give up my exercise time to do what other people want to do.
  • extraleggy68
    extraleggy68 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing? Anyone fallen off the wagon?

My Goddaughter bought us a calendar/planner for Christmas so we are filling that out everyday with crosses on those days we don't drink; I have a cross on everyday and planning on getting around my friends birthday next week by driving out :-) I have also cut out the crap and found a fabulous, filling 'fat burning soup'. Makes such a difference to have a hot lunch.

I have lost 4lb since 2nd Jan, I am taking January in hand lol :-)

Keep going y'all

x
  • jdfreeland
    jdfreeland Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm on board with that as well..I lose my motivation..and get into a rut but I'm determined this time around to get this weight off because I've been at it for way to long to no prevail. Feel free to add me!