What is my deal!?!?

Options
I used to be one of those type that loved to work out and eat healthy, but now I can't seem to motivate myself to do either! It's insane, I am not happy with who I have become but I just am so.... blah... I don't want to change it.

Depression, possibly. I am on anti-depressants but they don't seem to be doing much and I've been on them for a while.

I need help, suggestions or something!!!

Replies

• Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Tell your doctor that you've been in a funk. Maybe your meds need to be adjusted.
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    He's jacked them up once and wants me to stay on them for 6 months (which seems like forever).
    I've tried the anti-depressant road once before will little result (not sure why)....

I just can't seem to ACT on any motivation.... is that better?
    I mean I KNOW I would look nicer, feel better, sleep better, etc....
    For some reason I just can't seem to get my head into it and ACT!
  • altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound really crazy but when I got in the "I cant motivate myself to work out funk" I bought and listened to a hypnotise download. I would listen to a self help one and a fitness one. And after a few times, bam I got the energy and the desire to do it. If nothing else it gives you great relaxation! Hey its worth a try right :flowerforyou:
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried working out with a friend? Maybe if you had scheduled workouts that involved another person the motivation would come because you didn't want to let them down.
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    Alta: That is a good suggestion. I used to have a motivational CD I played at night while I slept. I felt better and more energized.

Svey: When I workout with others I feel like it's a "competition" even when it's not. I am weird like that.
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    That's it! I need a "come to Jesus" meeting ASAP with myself about my weight issues!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,658 Member
    Options
    I used to be one of those type that loved to work out and eat healthy, but now I can't seem to motivate myself to do either! It's insane, I am not happy with who I have become but I just am so.... blah... I don't want to change it.

Depression, possibly. I am on anti-depressants but they don't seem to be doing much and I've been on them for a while.

I need help, suggestions or something!!!
    I'd suggest that you "fake it 'til you make it." If you don't feel like working out and eating right, then approach it from the logical part of you rather than the emotional. Decide on some changes to make in your eating and exercise habits (it doesn't have to be huge), and then commit to making them for a certain time frame (four or six weeks is good — not an eternity but long enough to see some results). Good luck!
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    Thanks, that is good advice.
    I think I am approaching it as TOO HUGE.... too many changes at one time.
    I need baby steps.
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    Dang double post.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,658 Member
    Options
    Baby steps are good. Better to start out slow and be consistent than do to much and poop out!