Clubbing/dancing

Options
So I am really into clubbing/partying/dancing. Those are GOOD hours of exercise, so I want to log them in my exercise diary! I dance REALLY hard. Not just moving side to side (similar to walking) but actual dancing. Sometimes I'll be jumping all over the place. The types of clubs/parties I go to are not "typical" and everyone there is dancing like crazy.

Anyway, I have been logging it under "Dancing, general". I always log the lesser amount (ex. if I'm at a club for 5 hrs, I know I sat down for half an hour, I would probably just log 4 hrs because I probably had 30 mins of break somewhere else such as going to the washroom, etc.). But my sister told me that "Dancing, general" doesn't mean the type of dancing I do at clubs. Is this true? Is there an option on here for actual real clubbing?

Replies

• shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I've compared the calories burned for 4 hours of the following activities:
    909 - Walking, 2.5 mph, leisurely pace
    1364 - Dancing, general
    1515 - Walking, 4.0 mph, very brisk pace
    2515 - Jumping jacks, vigorous

On a normal day, I probably walk about 2.5 mph, and I feel like I'm working/exercising a LOT harder while I'm dancing. Almost as much as the 4 mph. I also put the jumping jacks in because that's practically what I'm doing sometimes - jumping up and down and waving my arms around, lol! (Of course I'm not doing THAT continuously, just wanted it in for comparison.)
  • blissfulbutt
    Options
    I use to go clubbing like that before I had kids. and I went out 5nights a week doing it. no wonder I was so slim compared to now lol. I would prob find the avg between dancing jumping jacks and walking at the brisk pace and just type that into your exercize log. or see if they have a 'strip arobics', 'erotic dancing' or compitition dancing thing because those are all similar of a burn.
  • liquidpete24
    Options
    I"d wear a heartrate monitor under my club clothes. I use this app called Nexercise that motion tracks as well.
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Aerobics, high impact?
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I"d wear a heartrate monitor under my club clothes. I use this app called Nexercise that motion tracks as well.

Although that may be practical, I'm not sure if I'd like to wear it while clubbing :p. I don't know anything about heartrate monitors though, so I guess I could look into that :p
    Aerobics, high impact?

With that one, it says I would burn even more calories than just dancing lol. I don't want to overestimate, but that is what it seems like.
  • liquidpete24
    Options
    Mine is just a tiny lump and I barely feel the strap. I stopped dancing shirtless when I quit drinking heavily so nobody would see it. (Think Chris Farley in that Chippendales sketch).
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that visual. I am LMAO now! :laugh: