2013 Brides - fitness and planning buddies wanted!

Options
Happy 2013! I have been on the site since early last year, did quite well and fell off a little in the last two months. I'm getting married this August and would love a group of ladies to chat with about fitness and wedding plans. Friend me :happy:

Replies

• msdani12
    msdani12 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Well - I am not getting married until May 2014 - wanna still be friends?! I'm starting my serious planning now (:
  • wildflowerklc
    wildflowerklc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in May 2013! I have to lose as much weight as possible before my first dress fitting in march! I'm very motivated to lose it before I have to even step into my wedding gown again! It was snug last time. yikes! So I'm laying it all on the table: I'm 203 lbs and I'd like to lose at LEAST 20 of them...scary thought, but plausible! I need all the motivation I can get from my fellow upcoming brides!
  • futurestarz
    Options
    I'm getting married in June, and totally need to get on the ball with my fitness before my first dress fitting in march!
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married May 3, 2013. I've already lost almost 50 pounds, and on strict order to not lose any more. HOWEVER- we can always work on those wedding dress arms and honeymoon bikini-worthy belly, right?! ;-)
  • kristin2572
    kristin2572 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I find yoga is the quickest way to get my arms wonderfully toned! I just found this site to use for free videos to keep it interesting and challenging if you like to work out at home http://www.doyogawithme.com/
  • DawnRyan13
    Options
    i would like someone to chat with. It's not easy to loose the weight, Im really stressed out at work and still single. Which i know guys aren't every thing. I just would really like to have someone to talk too. My goal would be to have more self confindce in my self.
  • karenbrooks14661
    karenbrooks14661 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hi dawn,
    i have lots of confidence, enough for both of us!!!!
    i am also with a rosemary conley instructor, but need a kick up the behind too! was doing ok until xmas, house chocablock with chocs, crisps, cheese & biscuits, i havent bought it, it has sneaked in with hampers as xmas pressies, which i DID NOT ask for!
    i have lost almost 2 stone so far over the last 2 years, ( but have lost only a couple of pounds over the last year) but onwards and downwards i think from now on!!
    where are you?
    i am hoping to get married this summer, if i can fit into size 12/14 dress if i can get there, 3 stone to go!
    love karen x
  • lissamia4
    lissamia4 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in June 2014 but I'm losing the weight now so I can stay in the right path plus when I first try on my dress. I'm starting to plan now. Add me. I can help motivate you.
  • lowe81
    lowe81 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in August of 2013 also! I have been doing low carb ( 50 g a day or try...) and workout videos from home:)
  • lisalower
    lisalower Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Getting married in June 2013. I want to lose a little weight and enjoy this great event without obsessing about weight or looks. So I decided the get healthier now rather than obsess closer to the date. My dress fitting is in late April. Good luck everyone!
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Losing the weight BEFORE buying the dress was such a good idea. I don't have to stress about anything, and I don't need to take in or squeeze into my gown. Good luck to all!
  • opaquewhite
    opaquewhite Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married Sept 27, 2013 and I'm getting into high gear! I just bought my dress, hoping to lose 20 lbs before the wedding! Best of luck to you, feel free to add me :-)
  • tmacheka
    Options
    Congrads to you. My bestfriends are getting married in may so i understand the desire to fit into a dress! best wished to you! Anybody feel free to add me :) Best wishes
  • Pretty_Mrs
    Options
    I am not a bride- well I was, but I was a 2008 bride :-). Anyway, I peeked into this forum because September 2013 my cousin is getting married and I need to drop some serious pounds. I absolutely cannot be the "fat" relative in the pictures- no way. no how! But I refuse to skip anymore social events because of my size. Time to get down to business. And I know if ANYONE is serious about fitness, its a bunch of brides!!! Good Luck ladies.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Getting married September 14, 2013 and I havent planned a thing yet. Starting to kinda freak out :( add me....
  • thebrazenhead
    thebrazenhead Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married July 20, 2013. I'm trying to tone up before the wedding so I'm starting P90X2-Insanity hybrid this month.
    I also love barre fitness, dancing, ballet, etc!

Add me as a friend
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Getting married on March 23rd (EEEK!) and ironing out the details... so much to do, so little time!
  • kyrabeth1986
    kyrabeth1986 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Im getting married on 26th July, hoping to lose 2 stone by then. Using the 30DS this month then will evaluate my next plan for Feb towards the end of this month!
  • runrogrun
    runrogrun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in April and would like to lose half a stone by then. This time last year I was a 16 pounds lighter and at my ideal weight (maybe a tad under it even) so I am annoyed at myself for letting it creep back on, especially with the wedding coming up. I do not want to be worrying about how my chubby arms look in the photos so I need to be strict with myself!

I am good at doing lots of exercise (I did a 4mile run yesterday and a 4mile run this morning, as well as a 35 min swim this ev) but not very good at restricting what i eat.....I've done it before so i know i can do it again, but it won't be easy!.
  • lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Just posted a Bride Challenge on the Message Boards. Go check it out if you're interested in staying motivated together in a Biggest Loser - style competition to get the weight off before the big day! :)