Give me your best.....

Options
Hi there! I'm 31 years old, getting married to my best friend on April 20th of this year, and currently have about 50 lbs to lose. I was doing really well then got completely off track during the holidays, and am ready to start fresh RIGHT NOW. I know there is no way I'll lose that much before my wedding, but coming out on these message boards is always so inspiring for me, I thought I'd reach out to YOU for your #1 tip on your own success - whether it's about food, water, a recipe you'd like to share, exercise tips, whatever!

And.......go! (and thanks in advance, I seriously need all the motivation I can get!)

Replies

• nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    be honest with yourself and log it. MFP only helps you if you are helping yourself. exercise - something is better than nothing. :) Good Luck!!!!
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Exercise tip--find something you enjoy and do it. Don't force yourself to do something you hate or dread so try a lot of new things and find what you actually look forward to doing.
  • BigRedgw2010
    BigRedgw2010 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Try doing the Insanity workout by Shawn. I have seen people who have made big results in two months by doing the Insanity. I must warn you, it's not easy, but you will get results that you are looking for.
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    My gm bag is ALWAYS packed in my car so I have absolutely no excuse to not go to the gym.
    Good luck!
  • pbrahan
    pbrahan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! :happy:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Leave it all in the gym.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Oh and another--find a workout buddy. Knowing someone is waiting on you helps and it makes working out more fun
  • Hopintolose
    Hopintolose Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    -Make a goal to move every single day for at least 20 minutes.
    -Drink a tall glass of fresh squeezed lemon water when you wake up and a shot of apple cider vinegar
    -FIND SOMETHING YOU REALLY REALLY ENJOY DOING FOR YOUR CARDIO. (I LOVE zumba!) It's what gets me TO the gym!! and I love it and I want to look better doing it because I love it :):)
    -NUMBER ONE RULE FROM ME ABOUT WATER: in the morning at your office or work or whatever, fill up a ga llon container of water and keep it by your side all day with a water bottle (the straw and lid kind preferrably) Make sure you finish the gallon by bedtime or for best results by about 5. REPEAT EVERYDAY
    -Or, :):) Pinterest "health and fitness" board is SO inpsiring

These are just a few of my favorites :) Good luck and make it all ENJOYABLE, that's the key. Enjoy putting to practice what you learn.
  • closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    look up oxy elite pro... it worked for me!! its an appitite suppresant ... worked wonders for jumpstarting my weight loss. I started at 225 and was down to 170 or so in two months... the rest came off afterwords.
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    For me it was just staying consistent with my routine (cycling & walking) and portion control. Wishing you healthy success!!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Log as much of your food as possible before you even start the day. Even if you can't do it then log before you eat the food throughout the day. The more you know about what you're planning on eating ahead of time the more likely you are to stick with the plan. Logging those 4 cookies after you eat them and finding out they busted your calorie goal isn't a good idea.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    give it 65% 3 days a week! or whatever pace you think you can keep with super sexy undeniable consistency for 3 and half months til 420.
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    look up oxy elite pro... it worked for me!! its an appitite suppresant ... worked wonders for jumpstarting my weight loss. I started at 225 and was down to 170 or so in two months... the rest came off afterwords.

^NO!

Just eat a balanced diet, eat at a deficit, drink plenty of water and if you "look up" anything, look up New Rules of Lifting For Women and think about adding weight training to your workout routine if you don't do so already!
  • adstar20
    adstar20 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Three rules for me:

1. Log everything honestly (otherwise you are only cheating yourself).
    2. Never go more than one day without exercising (that is a bad trend and it is much easier the third day to skip exercising than the second--I work out 6 days a week even if it is only for 30 minutes).
    3. Never eat anything after dinner (This one is particular to me. Night time has always been bad for me and I don't do moderation well. I may get "hungry" at night but I have never died of hunger while sleeping and I don't wake up hungry so for me, night eating is more about comfort and habit than hunger.)
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    every day do better & better even if you slip up, learn from it.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options

TROLOLOLOLO
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    That's awesome that you're getting married on 420!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Eat a lot of veggies with your meals. You can still enjoy your favorite foods, but the veggies can help fill you up so a smaller portion will be as satisfying.
  • Chainbreaker
    Chainbreaker Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Develop a clear mental image of how you want to look in that wedding dress and focus on it every day!
  • LoraMora
    LoraMora Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    To drop some pounds for my wedding (15 pounds in 6 weeks), I made a bulk batch of something healthy...for example, turky lentil chili with a lot of veggies added.....and then limited myself to eating that, cold cereal (no sugar) or any raw fruit/vegetable anytime I wanted to eat something.

Eventually I learned to eat for hunger because the food was way too boring.

I could stick with it because there were no limits on quantities, just choices.

Good luck!