New member with a sweet tooth! HELP!!!

Options
Hi, I decide to give this web site a try. It makes sense to start counting calories.
I have one are that concerns me. I have a sweet tooth and need some suggestions for substitutes.
Any suggestions on what to eat in place? Or something with less calories?
Thanks!
Big guy from Mass!:tongue:

Replies

• kryssy77
    kryssy77 Posts: 219
    Options
    Kraft Jet puffed Mallow Bites...chocolate cover marshmallows absolutely delicious!! 130 cals for 24 mini marshmallows!!! u can eat the whole bag for under the amount of cals for a candy bar!! low fat and helps my sweet tooth
  • mc63
    mc63 Posts: 5
    Options
    Go for sugar-free creamsicles...by the company of the same name, Creamsicle. They are only 20 calories per creamsicle and 1 gram of fat. You could eat these things all night...okay, don't go too crazy...

Another suggestion is Breyer's Fat Free ice creams. I really like the chocolate cookies and cream. With 110 calories and 0 fat per serving (1/2 cup), you can't really go wrong. The only downfall is quite a few carbs...Run an extra mile or two and you're set! Also, the taste is a little different at first, but you won't notice after a few bowls (spread out over a few days of course).
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have a bag of fun size twix's in the refrigerator. At the end of the day, if I've been good enough, I allow myself one.
  • AmyLynn4321
    AmyLynn4321 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Edy's slow churned frozen yogurt!
    Also - the more you do this - the less of a sweet tooth you'll have. I started this w/ my favorite drink being Sweet Tea and now sweet tea is disgusting to me and I'm happy w/ plain unsweetened tea w/ lemon.
  • worchard
    worchard Posts: 30
    Options
    Check out the Special K bars. Either the 90 calorie snack size or the 180 protein meal bar both have chocolate flavoring that feels like I'm eating a real treat than diet food.
  • HannahMarie65
    Options
    i have a major sweet tooth too! expecially for ice cream, but Skinny Cow has amazing ice cream bars for half the calories of regular ice cream, but tastes just as good :)
  • durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Kraft Jet puffed Mallow Bites...chocolate cover marshmallows absolutely delicious!! 130 cals for 24 mini marshmallows!!! u can eat the whole bag for under the amount of cals for a candy bar!! low fat and helps my sweet tooth

Awesome idea :)
  • tjbrk
    tjbrk Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you for all the suggestions. They are very helpful and I intend to follow up and try some of them.
    Day two. So far so good!
    :happy:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I like the fiber one bars caramel or peanut butter. I love yoplait light yogurt. They have some really yummy flavors. I drink coffee with sugar free hazelnut creamer. I also love clemintines (tiny oranges). These things give me enough sweet to help me resist temptations. I also do a cheat day once a week in which I allow myself a really yummy treat. I'm not tempted by candy and cookies anymore. I get something really sinful and good. :)