Chinese

Options
My husband is obsessed with Chinese food and I groaned a little when he told me thats what he wanted for dinner tonight. lol.
But to my surprise I found out the place we go to has a "diet" menu!!

Soo Excited!

I had white rice with steamed broccoli and steamed chicken and didn't even feel bad when I got an extra egg rolL!

It was great!

Replies

• Hailey
    Hailey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a place like that here! Mmm Chinese sounds good right now...lol
  • tipusnr
    tipusnr Posts: 572
    Options
    If you want to make the food even healthier you can ask for brown rice instead of white rice. But I'm here to tell you some of us DON"T LIKE brown rice. One last warning - watch the sauces (they are the enemy)!!
  • missourichick
    Options
    yeah they gave me some soy sauce to eat with it but i figured it probably wasn't the greatest for me so I didn't eat any of it.
  • worchard
    worchard Posts: 30
    Options
    Chinese food can be very healthy for you. You just have to watch out for the fried rice, egg rolls and sauces they cook with. Plus portion sizes tend to be very big so you have to watch the amount you eat while there.
  • alm0917
    alm0917 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I LOVE chinese food. We used to go at least once a week. He was really craving it the other night (and honestly, so was I) so we went. Our place doesn't have a "diet" menu, but I got the vegetable egg foo yung. I'm not sure of its nutritional value, but it was just a big omelet with broccoli, mushrooms, and onions in it. It came with bowl of brown sauce that I just dipped my fork in every few bites for a little extra flavor.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I LOVE Chinese food! I crave it constantly! Luckily, the small town I live in only has two Chinese restaurants and I can't stand either of them =) But when I'm around good Chinese or Japanese, I have to get some! The beef and broccoli is pretty low in calories and if I skip the fried rice, the mandarin chicken (my favorite) isn't so bad either.
  • mdouhan
    mdouhan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey

Since I actually live in China I mostly eat chinese food so I can give some advice as well.

Basically all chinese veggetables would be ok they are cooked without to much oil or sayce, and the sauce they serve with can mostly be left aside

As for the fried pork/chicken/beef this varies a lot, just be careful with the oil/fat content on those dishes

I prefer the omelette type dishes with basic brown rice as well in medium amounts.

If it is a real chinese resturant and not to western influenced the fish will be your best bet any day of the week but I have found that to be pretty rare in foreign chinese resturants unless it is deep fried which does not even exist here in china.

rgds

M