30 Day Shred - logging exercise?

Options
Hi All - I am new to the site this week and as part of my daily exercise I alternate between running, jogging, and the 30DS video. I have not logged the video since being on as it's my first time using it today (this week). Does anyone else use this video? If so, how do you log it in your exercise log?

Any input is appreciated!

Replies

• justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit training. I know several others do also. Enjoy! :wink:
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Stacey-

I would highly recommend investing in a heart rate monitor and watch or, since you run, one that also tracks distance and speed. These exercise computers are generally fairly accurate in calculating the calories you burn during any activity and are a great tool for monitoring progress over time. i previously had a Timex Ironman watch (with heart rate monitor and distance tracking arm gadget) but I currently use the Garmin Forerunner 405CX and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. These watches can get pricey but there are reasonable options as well and are worth every penny!
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    originally i logged it as circuit training, but after searching some reviews it appears the average calorie burn for level 1 is about 250 calories (give or take and acknowledging how hard you feel you're actually working) and level 2 is between 200-225. i haven't gotten to level 3 yet so i haven't searched for an average calorie burn yet. then i just added it as a new exercise - it may pop up if you search jillian michaels.

also, highly recommend her No More Trouble Zones for a serious workout - it actually caused my abs to "Scream" and i had never understood what she meant by that! lol it's 45 minutes and BRUTAL! burns between 325-400 cal.

good luck and if you're happy putting iit in under general circuit training it'll be about the same amount of calories burned.
  • lorineudorf
    Options
    i do use it and i would like to know the same lol as well as turbo jam..not sure how to resord them...so if you find out, could ya let me know please
  • staceylynn073
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I did a double take on the circuit training option, but thought I'd pose the question to see what others were entering.

I've been looking into the HRM...just haven't found one I love yet - good to get the reviews on those others!

Shan - I LOVE No More Trouble Zones - I can't do it all the way through yet - but I try to add a circuit or two to my 30DS. I will get there eventually!