plese help me :'(

Options
Hi.
im girl and im 20 years old i realy need help cuz i tray 2 lose wight but i cant :'(
im90.7kg(200lbs).. 5'4(164cm)..
plz any one read this topic right now plz help me and give me any advice . i feel bad .
I want lose 60lbs in 3month (20lbs in one month)... heeeeelp plz and told me which kind of sports is burn fat and calori more and fast ....
Thanks for everyone <3

"FAT GIRL"....

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    WHOA....WHOA...WHOA....settle down a little bit...trying to lose 60lbs in 3 months will only result in a disaster, discouragement, not reaching your goals, getting discouraged, saying to hell with it, and going back to your old habits.

You didn't get to where you are in three months, and you won't get where you want to be in three months.

You could probably lose the 60lbs in 2013....I know it seems like a long time, but the year will go by, regardless if you change your habits or not.

The first step is to do a gut check, and confirm that you want to make a change, and that you are willing to put in the hard work.

The thing that has helped me the most is tracking my calories right here on MFP.

The second thing...don't try to run a marathon right out of the box. Try walking 3 times a week for 30 minutes. Once you can do 30 minutes, increase the time or frequency (or both).

Formulate a DO-ABLE plan for yourself, and then stick to it, be patient, and you will see results...just not in three months.
  • nouf__1992
    Options
    Thx for help
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    First off be realistic. Safe weightloss is 2 pounds a week MAX. I lost 72 pounds last year. It took me 12 months.
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    These people know what they are talking about. You didn't gain the weight overnight and you can't expect to lose it overnight either. Try small changes to your diet and move more, track what you are eating on here and stick to your calorie goal and you will lose weight.
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    <-- Breaks out the Red Pen in an attempt to help.
  • jac1967123
    jac1967123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Break it down into smaller more manageable goals and drink lots of water and keep tracking log everything you eat good luck :)
  • capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I think the first place to start off would be not to call yourself fat girl, like you did in the first post. I can understand what you feel about yourself but pulling yourself down will not help. Instead, develop a positive attitude towards setting and reaching goals, That will help create a realistic mindset towards what leads to sustainable weight loss and what doesnt.

Losing 60 lbs in a month is not just tough, it's unhealthy. Even if you find yourself losing more than 10 lb in the first month, its mostly water, So don't push yourself, just chalk up a program that you're sure to stick to in the long run. That way, you'll lose weight and keep it off.

Uggh, I hope I don't sound like someone's mom.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    im girl and im 20 years old i realy need help cuz i tray 2 lose wight but i cant :'(
    im90.7kg(200lbs).. 5'4(164cm)..
    plz any one read this topic right now plz help me and give me any advice . i feel bad .
    I want lose 60lbs in 3month (20lbs in one month)... heeeeelp plz and told me which kind of sports is burn fat and calori more and fast ....
    Thanks for everyone <3

"FAT GIRL"....

I did not look at your diary and have no idea how many calories you eat per day. With that said, I estimated your goal weight at 150 (i presume an interim goal) and plugged yoru numbers into a BMR calculator (fat2fitradio.com). This is what I got (when you lose about 25 pounds go recalcuate for more accurate numbers):

Entered information: 20 year old female, 64 inches tall, weighing 200 pounds.

From the information that you entered, you'd like to weigh 150 lbs.

Harris-Benedict Formula

There are a few different methods to calculating yourbasal metabolic rate (BMR). One of the most popular, developed in the early 1900's is called the Harris-Benedict formula. Based on this formula, your current BMR is 1732 calories.

How Many Calories Should I Eat?

Based on your goal weight, the following chart was generated. The chart shows the number of calories that you should eat on a daily basis to reach your goal weight. At Fat 2 Fit Radio we advocate eating like the thin, healthy person that you want to become. The calorie levels you see in the chart are not extreme, but they do create that all important caloric deficit that is required to get you to your goal weight in a safe manner. Once you reach your goal weight, you will continue eating the same number of calories for the rest of your life to maintain that weight. You'll never be on a diet again.

Based on how much activity you do on an average day, the calories in the right column will be the number of calories that you will be able to eat at your goal weight. If you start eating those calories right now (eating like the thinner you), you will eventually become that thinner person. As you get closer to your goal weight, your weight loss will start to slow down. It is OK to eat a few hundred calories less per day (200-300) to speed up your weight loss at this point.

Activity Level

Daily Calories

Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job)

Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk)

Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk)

Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk)

Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.)

NOTE: Please remember that this calculation is just a guideline. Your metabolism may be higher or lower based on the amount of lean muscle you have. Use these numbers a a starting point and tweak them up or down based on your weight loss or gain. It may take a couple weeks to get your exact calorie level.

You should not eat below your BMR for very long as it causes damage to your body's ability to lose weight. Also, plan to lose 2-3 pounds a week at first, then it will get slower as you get close to your goal. I highly agree with everyone else that 60 pounds in 3 months will not happen in a healthy way. Set your calories based on your activity level and give it a month. Adjust as necessary after that month. Good luck!!
  • akgirl72
    Options
    I agree with what the others said....

take baby steps

Make a plan/change that is small and that you can stick with

realize that wieght loss and a healthy lifestyle is a journey (long terms/life change) and not a trip that the things are you doing/gonna do will pay huge benefits down the road

TRACK, TRACK, TRACK even on your bad days when you eat everything!!!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Girl... I have literally been there and farther. I was 20 when I had my daughter and was 207 lbs when she was born, 214 lbs a month later.

Short-cuts and cheats never win the race and losing 20 lbs a month, as great as it sounds, it can be very unhealthy if you don't lose it right and take your time while doing so. Best advice, figure out what you can sustain, a goal of lbs per week that is do-able now (1-2 lbs max) and then build. Keep your calories at 1200-1500 and do about 30 minutes everyday of a combination cardio/strength routine and that should get you started.

Also make all your food, nothing pre-made as pre-made food often contains more sodium, sugar and fat then if you made it yourself. When you control your food, you will have more controlled results :)

Feel free to add me, I would love to help you in any way I can!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I agree with what the others said....

take baby steps

Make a plan/change that is small and that you can stick with

realize that wieght loss and a healthy lifestyle is a journey (long terms/life change) and not a trip that the things are you doing/gonna do will pay huge benefits down the road

TRACK, TRACK, TRACK even on your bad days when you eat everything!!!

YES!

Lots of good advice here. Change one bad habit at a time .... people who try to change everything at once often burn out after a short time.

It really is about eating less & moving more.

Strive for smaller portions (logging everything you eat will keep you honest). You will also learn a lot.

Small portions of "junk food" will ensure that you are hungry often .... so make some healthier swaps .... look for more fiber, more protein, and healthy fats.

Find some activity that you enjoy (this may take some trial & error). If you have to force yourself to workout .. do that for the short run. In the long run however, keep looking for exercise you LIKE..... so you won't quit.