Need serious help

Options
So I am 5'9" or 174 cm tall. 19 years old (20 i two weeks) and 174 lb or 78.9kg. I am a student, so that would make me sedentary.

I have been this weight for the last 1½ month and I don't know what to do to get out of this plateu. I have upped my exercise from zero to 30 day shred every day and Turbofire HIIT 20 every other these past 2 weeks and still nothing. I count every single crumb I eat and drink nothing but water. I always eat about 1600-1700 kcal a day, which I upped to from 1500 kcal a month ago. I do not eat back my exercise calories.

I have only lost 9lb before I hit my plateu.

anybody who knows anything please help me, because I have read every single thing there is to find about plateu and what to do and I can't figure it out.

P.S. please do not consider todays dinner as a regular thing since it rarely happens.

I weigh and measure absolutely everything.

I am not losing grams/lbs nor cm/inches.

I have used the scoobyworkshop site to calculate my BMR which says 1660.

I drink at least 2 litres of water every day (8 cups).

I am danish so many of my diary entries are in danish, but I can tell you that none of it is processed or ready made/packaged food.

Replies

• sarah6336
    sarah6336 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about not losing in a month. Try to work on being healthier. Maybe, try to have more well-balanced meals: protein, produce, and whole grains. Losing weight isn't an easy process. Don't try to rush it.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I would give it a couple more weeks for your exercise routine to make an impact on weight loss. I would also suggest taking measurements as my experience has been that exercise hasn't done much for me for weight loss but it has done a LOT for my measurements.
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Try eating more fruits and veg, I saw hardly any produce in your diary. You also might need to eat some of your exercise calories back, especially when you're doing 2 workouts a day. Hope this helps!
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    It seems like you're eating about right. A few things:

-Are you weighing and measuring, or are you estimating? You could be eating more than you think you are.
    -Have you taken body measurements? Are your clothes looser? If you recently started exercising you could be retaining water in your muscles, which will keep the scale the same, but you'll lose inches.
    -Are you sure you have your BMR and TDEE right and therefore eating the right number of calories?
    -You might need to exercise a bit longer to really get your heart rate up in the fat-burning zone long enough to do some good.
    -Are you drinking enough water?
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert but what about trying to eat back your calories? If you're eating 1500 and burning off (say) 300ish with a hard workout, you'd be eating way under what you'd need to keep your body going on a daily basis.

Also, having a quick look at your diary, I'd try to get into a healthy routine. Your breakfasts vary from around 100 cal to around 500 cal. I'd allot about 300 and choose something healthy that you like to have every day (or a few things if you like variety). Personally I swear by porridge (oatmeal) as it's incredibly filling. Eggs are also low cal and filling.

Definitely up your fruit n veg intake. You can add things like carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes to lunch, snack on fruit, add plenty of veg to dinner (try homemade stir fries, vegetable soups etc).

I agree about the measurements thing too - you could well be gaining muscle.

Final tip - drink as much water as you. Don't ask me why, but it really does help weightloss.

Good luck!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Ha - I don't recognize most things in your diary, but I get the impression that you eat a lot of processed/packaged food, which often means a lot of salt and fat. Salt holds onto water and causes bloat.

So perhaps more simple, home-prepared food so that you are in control of exactly what goes into your meals?
  • AnneU93
    AnneU93 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lilteeraw
    lilteeraw Posts: 261
    Options
    Hmmm, maybe you should try eating back some of your exercise calories and see how that works?
    Don't stress too much about it.. just keep working out and eating healthy & the weight will come off.