Question about the Striiv

Options
I got the Striiv for Christmas, not the Play but the touchscreen one. I have set it up to sync with MFP but I'm not quite sure that I understand how this works. My striiv sends data to MFP and it adjusts my calories for the exercise it logs. I wore my Striiv to the gym today and did 400 cals on the elliptical, my Striiv did not log nearly that many, in fact it logged something like 200? Do I add in my exercise manually to MFP as well as allow the Striiv app to update my calories burned? How does this work?

Replies

• Smpeek
    Smpeek Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    how do you get it to send to mfp?
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I can't for the life of me remember, I'll have to take a look a little later to see if I can figure it out again!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Sorry- don't think that does sync to MFP. may be wrong but think its only the app that does.
  • bobajoul
    Options
    the Striiv is highly inaccurate, as are the calculators on the elipticals. The chips in the machines are set high by the manufacturers so they read a big number. That is from a chip manufacturer for these devices- Intel.
    The Striiv is just a pedometer so it will only measure part of your motion.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Use the Strriv for daily activity and as a motivator to generally move more. Get a HRM for exercise.
  • karthurs1
    Options
    To answer a few of the different questions posed.

- Currently only the Striiv Play with the Striiv iPhone App has an automatic integration with the MFP website. You can enter your steps or activity minute stats at the end of each day via the MFP website as an exercise entry.

- The Striiv and Striiv Play are pedometers an as such are optimized to walking, running and stair steps. We do pretty well on the elliptical machines, but best to wear the Striiv clipped to the center back of your shorts for best results.

- Striiv CustomerCare