Zumba

Options
So, I got Zumba for the Wii and Kinect, and I love doing it, but how many people have actually lost weight from doing Zumba? And if you have lost weight how long are you dancing for?

Replies

• fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Meeeee! I love it. I usually do it for about an hour high intensity
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! I do Zumba 1-2 times a week along with other workouts and I have lost weight! Add some hand weights to help with the intensity or go to a class, they seem to be harder!
  • Halie_Bird
    Halie_Bird Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I lost about 20 pounds doing zumba! at first I only did 20 minutes but once I got in good shape I was doing about an hour and a half. I loved it. I got a new dance workout now to switch things up and I love it too. Hope you have good results too! =)
  • Rozieq84
    Options
    I don't use a game system for Zumba, but I have lost a good deal of weight by going to classes about 2 or 3 times a week. It's a seriously good work out, and it's fun so it doesn't feel as much like work, and more just like dancing and having a good time. However, if you're not into dancing, then there are probably other work outs better suited for you.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I go to Zumba classes at my gym once or twice a week - high intensity, an hour long. It's a good workout. I also run and lift, though.
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    I took a 60 minute class twice a week, lost weight, and LOVED IT!!! As with anything, make sure you concentrate, when you first start doing it, on your form and doing things correctly and it will work well. AND, of course, add in your good eating habits and just the fact that it is movement will help.
  • lucero22
    lucero22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba Excilerate and have lost about 4 lbs in 2 weeks and tons of inches, as well as my sister! Doing it 5-6x a week.
  • amymichelle1226
    amymichelle1226 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My main workout is Zumba, but live classes which are an hour. I also do it on the Wii but I don't burn as many calories as I do in class. I've lost 30lbs in 6 months, but that's with everything, not just Zumba.

Zumba is actually a workout I enjoy doing, and I know I'll continue to do it during maintenance!
  • Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost as much weight as I would like (obviously lol) but I toned up! I lost MAJOR inches. I started the end of last April and then in June had to slow down as my husband was in a plane crash and hospitalized for two months...then rehab and blah blah blah. So overall I'd say I went consistently for three-four months (broken up) and spiratically for two months, not at all for two months. in that time I lost 15 lbs (found some over the holidays and the stress) and lost 3.5 inches around my waist and 5 whole inches off my bootay! It's so much fun...i love going to class I'd HIGHLY recommend trying a local class out once you're a bit more comfortable. something about the class setting makes it crazy fun.
  • kthurman87
    Options
    Hmm... Good to know, I'll probably have to sign up for an actual class. The hand weights sound like a good idea for more intensity. Thanks ladies!
  • msfitmom_3
    msfitmom_3 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba for over a year now, with regular exercise & clean eating and I have lost 13+ inches, 49lbs and even feel sexier!! :) It truly does work!! I started off a size 12/14 and am now a 4/6. It's amazing how fast it'll whittle your waist down and tone you! Inches will fly off before you see huge weight loss.

Stick with it! You WILL notice results. Give it a few weeks. And make sure to do this at least 3x a week. I do Zumba at least that much, on top of regular workouts and even cleaner eating.

Good luck love!!
  • kthurman87
    Options
    Thanks! I love the music and just the feeling afterwards. Thanks for the advice!
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    This all good advice! I've really been wanting to try Zumba as well and I got it for Wii as a Christmas present but haven't tried it out yet because I'm doing 6W6P still. But I'll begin it today :) because I can't wait to try it!
  • krs5201
    krs5201 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I ordered Zumba Core for the Kinect a few days ago! I have been so excited to try it out when I found out that unfortunately, it was shipped to my parents house. Waiting for my mom to mail it to me so I can use it! I've never been to a Zumba class, but I used to take dance classes several times per week, so I'm hoping I will enjoy it!
  • kthurman87
    Options
    I have Zumba Core and I love it. You will feel the burn and sweat your *kitten* off. lol Good luck!