Recently Widowed

Options
I am recently widowed at 29 yrs old. It was sudden. I am learning that life is short, and I need to get to a healthier weight so I can be around for my child. My inspiration is Abby Rike from Biggest Loser, who lost her husband and 2 children and found through losing weight helped her heal. I am hoping to find the same peace. My child is starting martial arts soon and I don't want to be the "fat" mom on the sideline. I want to her to be proud. Feel free to add me.

Replies

• jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I am recently widowed at 29 yrs old. It was sudden. I am learning that life is short, and I need to get to a healthier weight so I can be around for my child. My inspiration is Abby Rike from Biggest Loser, who lost her husband and 2 children and found through losing weight helped her heal. I am hoping to find the same peace. My child is starting martial arts soon and I don't want to be the "fat" mom on the sideline. I want to her to be proud. Feel free to add me.

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope this helps you and I believe it will. You can do this :)...
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss, I'm sure you will be that smoking mom on the side lines soon enough. *hugs* hang in there
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry about your loss. If you have a facebook account....look up OneFitWidow....she's very inspiring and you may realate to her.

Best wishes to you on your weightloss and fitness journey. You can do it!
  • kandrews1141
    Options
    Loss is so hard. I lost my 31 year old son to drugs 4 years ago and am still hurting from it. I am certain that you will find a lot of help on mfp through its many friends. Take care, Keith
  • butterflies2323
    Options
    thank you everyone for ur kind words.
  • GiftsbyNature
    GiftsbyNature Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am brand new as well, and a single mother feel free to contact me and friend me. We can be each others support. :-) And Mommy - pal :-) It takes such courage to do what your doing now, I know that it is very hard and can't possibly understand your pain, but I am sure of one thing - your daughter is proud of you and it will be a great adventure for the two of you to undertake together !
  • homefitnessextreme
    Options
    Sorry about your loss. Sent a FR.