Doing this again

Options
Nessc
Nessc Posts: 137 Member
On February 27, 2009, I joined myfitnesspal for the very first time. At that point in my life I weighed somewhere around 165 pounds, which is a lot of weight for a 5 foot woman to carry around. I successfully lost 45 pounds by using this site and faithfully logging my food and exercise :love: But then I got a full time job as a teacher, and with that job came a lot of stress that I wasn't prepared for thus I began to "stress eat" which in turned caused me to start gaining back the weight that I had lost. :grumble: On top of all that I started having problems in my marriage that almost destroyed my husband and I thus causing me to gain more weight :huh: Now I'm scared that I will gain back all those 45 pounds that I lost making me more miserable than I would like. So I've decided to try this thing again and HOPEFULLY stay on the right track and try to leave the stress from work at work and focus more on my health and my family. If anybody wants to add me as a friend, please feel free to do so cause I know from prior experience I can't do this alone. Have a blessed day everybody!!

Replies

• Xoxo_Vero419
    Xoxo_Vero419 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year, Welcome to MFP!! I love it here there are tons of support, be open minded and I strongly recommend leaving your diary OPEN it helps keep you accountable I know this may seem impossible (i was freaking out at first too) but I did and havnt turned back. Also if you have a smart phone get the APP its soo convenient!!

i am not a huge success story (yet :p) I had lost 11 pounds and gained 10 of them back during a military move, so I am starting on square 1 again and love to support and keep friends motivated!!! I weigh 245 , and my long term goal is to loose 80 pounds, but my first goal is to loose those first 10 pounds again!!

Feel free to add me if you wish I am on daily!!

^^^^That goes for everyone!!

Happy Loosing!!
  • LBP61
    LBP61 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am brand new, and hoping to loose about 20 lbs! Good luck on your journey!
  • karolynnc411
    karolynnc411 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm back on MFP again too! Life has been up and down for me, and I know I can't do this alone. Welcome :)
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Fellow teacher here so I totally understand the stresses of teaching. Feel free to add me as a friend for support!
  • ruth750
    Options
    Hi,

I am a first timer on MFP (this is day #2--my friend suggested we do this together and we are!). I have lost weight before and know how important it is to have support. My goals are to keep myself accountable and start adding activity to my weekly routine.

My weight has been creeping up over the past six years and I decided that not only is my weight is not going to creep up this year-- I am going to lose this 30 lbs. that has appeared out of nowhere....okay, I know where it came from :o)

Feel free to add me as a friend--together we can do this!