Has anyone out there tried Nutrisystem?

Options
Just curious if anyone saw results and if they lasted. Thanks!

Replies

• QueenHelga
    Options
    I have years ago. It worked but you really don't learn how to cook/prepare meals etc. All diets work but it is a life style change that will make it stick.
  • MrsCassieThreatt
    MrsCassieThreatt Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I did years ago and its effectively all soy and made me ill.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I did it about 17 years ago. I lost 100 pounds in a year, and then put it all back on the following year. ANd then more in the years following that! I thought the food was decent, but that was so long ago that I'm sure they've changed since then.

I think if you use it to teach yourself portion control it can work. But at some point you have to learn to buy, prepare and eat normal food.
  • ces79
    ces79 Posts: 13
    Options
    I did a few years ago and was successful with weight loss. However, the program doesn't teach you portion control or how to prepare healthy meals. Plus, I found the nutrisystem food to be pretty gross and I'm not a picky eater. It does work and possibly worth a shot if you feel it will help you get started on your weight loss.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I looked at the food on their website and it looked repulsive - couldn't bring myself to even consider trying it.
  • morticiamom
    morticiamom Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I tried it. I lost the weight, got an ulcer from it, and since I had no idea how to eat to maintain it once off their special foods, I gained it all back. And it was expensive. Not a fan. MFP, with a 40, 30, 30 macro split, and trying to eat most carbs from fruits, veggies, and whole grains works better in my opinion -- and it's free!
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    I tried nutrisystem back in 2010. It was okay, but really expensive. I lost 5 pounds I think in that month.
    In my opinion, it is waaaaay smarter to buy your own food. Chicken breasts, veggies, whole wheat pasta/rice, eggs, fruits, nuts. You can eat way better without it.
    Butttttt if it's the only way for a person to stick to it then it is worth it.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Nutrisystem is just portion control.

If you can measure out your own food, if you can cook chicken breasts and whole grains and veggies or if you're willing to learn...

Don't waste your money.