Newbie here

Options
Hello all,

I am new to MFP. I am a busy working mom of three teens. I have tried to lose weight before but have only been marginally successful. My kids are in travel sports and I work long shifts in a hospital intensive care unit. We are on a first name basis with the local drive thrus and eat way to much take out and pizza. I tend to reward myself with bad food anytime that I have had a bad day. My willpower or lack thereof will be my biggest challenge. I want to lose 40 pounds. I would appreciate any support that you can give.

Replies

• cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    This site helps because if you log your food you can visually see what you have been eating....was a big wake up call for me. I was eating horrible with 2 little kids and work but this has helped. And adding in exercise when you can too. Are you exercising at all now?

Feel free to add me.
  • kristenleewarren
    Options
    welcome! added you :D
  • Shuleran
    Shuleran Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    What does "add me" mean?
    I sure could use the support
    . I journaled yesterday and found that I ate 2600 calories while I thought that I was being good! I do think that recording it will make me more accountable.
    I plan to start exercising tomorrow. I have a Wii fit and I plan to join Planet Fitness.
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    It means to add as a friend. I'll send you a request.
  • fp64
    fp64 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a request.
  • amy_letsgo
    amy_letsgo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I will send you a friend request!!
  • mandermcbutterpants
    Options
    Hey there! You're in good company! I have 5 kids and work very long hours in my own business. I have successfully dropped 33 pounds so far (with 100 to go!)-- despite being insanely busy! It is possible, and I know you can do it! I'll send you a friend request :)
  • MarJay12
    Options
    I too work long shifts at a hospital and have little will power when I am there. I hate that I can't seem to stay on a diet. I am going to try again! It took me multiple attempts to quit smoking and I finally did it so I believe in 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances!
  • indigomk
    indigomk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! I'm new here too! I started going to a weight loss clinic that my doctor sent me to due to my depression. I eat to feel better but then when I gain the weight I feel terrible again.... It's a losing battle. I've tried weight watchers, calorie counting, slim fast, everything.... I want to do it the right way now, and this is the first step in my journey.

Looking for friends on here to motivate and help me stay on track! Feel free to add me :)

I'm already motivated seeing everyone elses weight loss numbers on here.

BTW - how do I get that little weight loss thingy at the bottom of my posts?
  • GoldenGopherDad
    GoldenGopherDad Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I definitely think that the food diary has been the best thing for me. It keeps me in check and I have seen a lot of success when I am logging everything I eat. The days that I don't usually are terrible... Good luck, you can do this!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    dont aim for weight loss this time. if that never works, try aiming for being able to do something this time. Like... by the end of the year you want to be able to run a 5K under a certain time, etc.

Training is the opposite of wishing.
  • estoner50
    estoner50 Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    new to this also, heard about MFP through a friend. I thought I was eating semi good but after recording I found out differently. After a week I really impressed myself and it's not as hard as I thought since I record everything and more aware of what I eat.