2.5 years, lost 40lbs , gained life

Options
I never posted these before. I hope these pics can motivate you today. I learned how to take care of my health and gained so much experience. The struggle is hard. I still struggle. I have reached my goal weight but I am still tracking. I binged just last week. But it doesn't matter.

Everything is different for me now. I am generally happy instead of chronically depressed. If I get stressed out, I exercise instead of get comfort food. Best of all, I can run around with Maggie and play. I can take her on long hikes through the park.

Point is, if you are unhappy with yourself... you can change that. You can lose many, many battles and still win! You can't fail if you never give up. Tomorrow always starts at 0 calories. :)

progress_zps16d3fb84.jpg

progresswmaggie_zps18734e05-1_zpsf5451fe9.jpg

Replies

• Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, you look great! Adorable dog by the way. :). What kind of exercises did you do to lose the weight?
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You and your dog are both adorable - well done, great attitude!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fantastic! Thank you for the inspiration :-)
  • sblackbear8
    sblackbear8 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Completely amazing! Whoot whoot!
  • AshleyHill19
    Options
    You look great!!! Very inspiring words "Tomorrow always starts at 0 calories " :happy:
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness you look fabulous, and Maggie is adorable!!!!
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational, thanks for sharing!!
  • moesaid2
    Options
    Great job!! You look GREAT!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Point is, if you are unhappy with yourself... you can change that. You can lose many, many battles and still win! You can't fail if you never give up. Tomorrow always starts at 0 calories. :)

All of your post was uplifting and motivating.............but this piece of it really hit home for me...........especially this:
    You can lose many, many battles and still win! You can't fail if you never give up.

Thanks SO much for posting.
  • time2shine29
    time2shine29 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    you look great!!
  • AussieTrainer
    Options
    thank you everyone! :) I could not have done this without the help of online friends.

The exercise for a long time was just walking and yoga. 6 months ago I started strength training. 4 months ago I joined a gym and I do a mixed aerobics/weight lifting class 4x/week.
  • annokoye
    annokoye Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Ma'am,

You have done a great job. You look fabulous. Great job!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Annokoye
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! And what you said about binging but moving on really resonated with me. I am not one of the ones who will ever be perfect or eat clean. But I strive to pick myself up and move on if I make mistakes.

Congrats to you!
  • shae47
    shae47 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!