Calorie counting at work

Options
Beginning in January I will be working two 16 hour shifts a week. I am trying to figure out how to count my calories for those two days. I will spend about 5 to 6 hours sleeping between the two shifts. So out of a 24 hour period 16 hours will be worked.

My shift starts at 3pm and ends at 7am. Since I am up around 10am or 11am on the first day my counting will start then and end at 7am the next day. Then I will sleep a few hours and back up around 1pm to start the 2nd 16 hour shift.

Confusing... I know. I just cant figure out when to start and stop on counting each days 1200 calories.

Any suggestions.

Replies

• mollymay
    Options
    Beginning in January I will be working two 16 hour shifts a week. I am trying to figure out how to count my calories for those two days. I will spend about 5 to 6 hours sleeping between the two shifts. So out of a 24 hour period 16 hours will be worked.

My shift starts at 3pm and ends at 7am. Since I am up around 10am or 11am on the first day my counting will start then and end at 7am the next day. Then I will sleep a few hours and back up around 1pm to start the 2nd 16 hour shift.

Confusing... I know. I just cant figure out when to start and stop on counting each days 1200 calories.

Any suggestions.
  • jmlane1981
    Options
    I would just start counting when you get up and end when you go to bed each day...You may go over some since you will be up a longer period of time, but that's okay. I would figure out ahead of time what you are going to eat and add some low cal snacks to get you through and that way you don't have to think so much about it during that time. I used to work 7pm - 7 am at a plant, so I know those hours can be tough. Good Luck.:drinker: And drink lots of coffee w/ splenda or something of course.:drinker:
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    I would think it would be easier and more consistent to use the calendar day (midnight to midnight) as your day, unless you plan to keep the same wake/sleep hours even when you aren't working