Need advice! I have a huge goal

Options
Hey! im new to this. i am a 22 year old girl. ive had lots of issues with my weight and trying to finally do something about it. ive learned to really like fatty foods and now im finally realizing how it makes me feel as in not enough energy and only feeling full for a certain amount of time. I at one time felt like i wasnt good enough, made myself feel insecure, so now im really looking forward to getting into shape and eating healthy and making life changing choices i have motivated myself into doing this. i just need a couple of friends who have been thru the same thing as i have because as most of u know its not easy, especially when you as they say "eat your emotions" i havent been truthful to myself and i never really thought of myself as "unhealthy" just "well fed" lol but im noticing everything now like i said. so anyone out there wanna chat and become friends by all means message me.
Thanks

Replies

• snunn79
    Options
    Good luck, I am slowly weaning of fatty foods but I still love a munch now and again
  • Yeah its hard not being able to snack on chips or fatty foods because its so good haha. but im just cutting all of it out and i stopped drinking tea and other things and drinking just water. Its going to be a challenge but with Gods help i will do it
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    im down for friendship!

but if you start slacking, log 5 minute walks as workouts and prefer shortcuts to hard work, I will cut you off!

:drinker:
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    the secret is this:

500 cal of clean food will fill you up and satisfy you.

500 cal of processed, fatty food from a box or a bag won't fill you up NEARLY as much because the foods are much more calorie dense.

So you could eat 1 cup of brown rice, 4oz of chicken and some veggies for 500 cal, or you could eat one twinkie. Which do you think will fill you up more? Which do you think will give you more energy?

Good luck girl!
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to take on a few more people that are serious. You got this...all you gotta do is put in the work!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Just remember that you do need healthy fats in your diet, they are an important macro. When I first started out I was so afraid of fat...primarily because I'm trying to get my LDL cholesterol down...I was so worried about fat in general and not specific types of fat that I simply wasn't getting enough. I went into depression and was dizzy and jittery all of the time. I brought my diary into the doctor and he told me I needed more fat in my diet. I was like, "what are you talking about...two weeks ago you told me I needed to watch it." Watch it yes...eliminate it, no. I keep my saturated fats very low, but overall healthy fats now make up 30% of my diet and I feel like $1M. They are vital to heart health, brain function, and overall nervous system.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Just remember that you do need healthy fats in your diet, they are an important macro. When I first started out I was so afraid of fat...primarily because I'm trying to get my LDL cholesterol down...I was so worried about fat in general and not specific types of fat that I simply wasn't getting enough. I went into depression and was dizzy and jittery all of the time. I brought my diary into the doctor and he told me I needed more fat in my diet. I was like, "what are you talking about...two weeks ago you told me I needed to watch it." Watch it yes...eliminate it, no. I keep my saturated fats very low, but overall healthy fats now make up 30% of my diet and I feel like $1M. They are vital to heart health, brain function, and overall nervous system.
    love it.
  • JocelynMartin10
    Options
    QUALITY FAT IS GOOD FOR YOU ! Check this website out. Mark (the author of this website) is phenomenal. This will change your body and your health if you make the changes. Good Luck! Feel free to add me if you like what you read/want more info/etc etc

marksdailyapple.com
  • nmglay
    nmglay Posts: 69
    Options
    I have a huge weight loss goal to achieve...I didn't get this big by eating carrots, ya know! I don't much on chips and stuff but I do like my fast food...ugh...not good for you! If you want to send me a friend request, I'd be happy to be your friend. Having friendships on this site is very important, so is joining groups and challenges. I'm in a January Challenge, a 10 week challenge and an Easter Challenge...never can have too many challenges to be held accountable! Besides you meet a lot of nice people for support! Good luck in your weight loss!
  • thanks to everyone! i appreciate that very much!