Les Mills Combat

Options
Started Les Mills Combat and only been doing it a few days. Wanted to see what everyone thinks of the program.

Replies

• dy617
    dy617 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I bought it, but I have not started it. Doing TRX /boxing and running right now. What are your early impressions of the program?
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I started it yesterday, though I went through all the workouts back in December. I absolutely love it. :)

I have a LMC Challenge I started yesterday if anyone wants in, otherwise I'm starting another one on the 21st if folks are interested! :)
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to do this program. I have to buy it first :)
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    So far Iike it. I needed something different after insanity. I loved insanity I just need a change plus i like martial arts. Its a great workout!!
  • cathymarie75
    Options
    Where is your challange posted?[

quote]
    I started it yesterday, though I went through all the workouts back in December. I absolutely love it. :)

I have a LMC Challenge I started yesterday if anyone wants in, otherwise I'm starting another one on the 21st if folks are interested! :)
    [/quote]
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite way to exercise. I love it and am hooked on it. Go to the classes at the gym, have it at home and always look forward to it
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    Where is your challange posted?

It's a private group on facebook - shoot me a message and we can chat! :)
  • ruthw13
    Options
    I'm in my 1st week and I'm loving it, I also have LMP and really like it!
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    yesterday was my first day....I like it and my shoulders/upper back are sore. However, I am already annoyed by the instructors....personal preference....luckily there's the mute button and Pandora
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    yesterday was my first day....I like it and my shoulders/upper back are sore. However, I am already annoyed by the instructors....personal preference....luckily there's the mute button and Pandora

haha don't dig the singing along?

i love Dan and Rach - their energy's exactly my kind of thing.
  • cathymarie75
    Options
    What about them bothers you....I was thinking that a few times

quote]
    [/quote]
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I took the classes at my gym and I loved them. I am a dancer and it helped me get fit while working on my kicks and dynamic flexibility, and body weight strength. Also, I really got into it and visualized defending myself (I've always liked doing self-defense). For me, I needed to drop it because I am already doing so much, it was just over training for me to do that as well (the full hour of high impact aerobics did not give my joints enough recovery time).
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    I took the classes at my gym and I loved them. I am a dancer and it helped me get fit while working on my kicks and dynamic flexibility, and body weight strength. Also, I really got into it and visualized defending myself (I've always liked doing self-defense). For me, I needed to drop it because I am already doing so much, it was just over training for me to do that as well (the full hour of high impact aerobics did not give my joints enough recovery time).

the live classes are awesome, but we're actually talking about the new home workout program. the workouts vary from 30 minutes to an hour in this version.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

the live classes are awesome, but we're actually talking about the new home workout program. the workouts vary from 30 minutes to an hour in this version.

Oh, that sounds good.
  • PunkyG210
    PunkyG210 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I started last week and I'm really enjoying it. I was looking for something high energy after doing Insanity. I'm so glad that I pre-ordered this program. I felt soreness in muscles I had never felt before after my first workout. I look forward to these workouts like I looked forward to Insanity so that's a good sign.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Oh, that sounds good.

if it's something that interests you gimme a buzz!

i took a gander at your profile - LOVE Alvin Ailey. I'm an actor in NYC, and while my dance skills are ... sub-par... I'm amazed at the work they do over there. Such amazing, wonderful people too. :)
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    What about them bothers you....I was thinking that a few times

quote]
    [/quote]

I guess I expected different high energy/enthusiasm...and the accents....(As with certain music, I don't respond to certain accents)
  • cathymarie75
    Options
    I was the same way I finished insanity and got results so preorderd this. And I am sore too!
    I started last week and I'm really enjoying it. I was looking for something high energy after doing Insanity. I'm so glad that I pre-ordered this program. I felt soreness in muscles I had never felt before after my first workout. I look forward to these workouts like I looked forward to Insanity so that's a good sign.
  • hjdavies2326
    hjdavies2326 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have done this class for months at my local gym twice a week. Best class ever! Workout that is fun and self defense also. If you concentrate on your techniques you can really learn to kick butt and loose weight at the same time. I think about my ex when doing the boxing tracks haaaa! ! Tonights class got cancelled tonight which I was sad about. Reccomend to anyone!!!! Good stress buster