30 Day Shred - Day 1!!

Options

Replies

• BldHny2002
    BldHny2002 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Ok! Phew!

I just did it.
    I like Jillian Michaels. I was worried she'd be screaming at me. I like how she actually supported you.

I have two concerns thus far with this:

-I have no proper room space for it
    -I have no weights
    -How do I log this why isn't there a premade cardio exercise for this in MFP Aaaaaaaaaah
  • BldHny2002
    Options
    To reply to myself... Did some quick research... Looks like you multiply your weight by 1.11 to get the calories burned for the 20 mins. Just manually enter it :3
  • dlenurse
    dlenurse Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just did it!!! Yay!! Day one is done!
  • gr14
    gr14 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'd imagine using no weights and still doing the arm movements is better than just siting on the couch :) x
  • deathbychocolate91
    Options
    How did you log the exercise??
  • mummychubs
    Options
    I'd like to get in on this :) add me if you like. I started day 1 today this is my second time doing the 30ds first time round I lost 12lbs. Happy shredding!
  • BldHny2002
    Options
    To find out your calories burned it's your weight x 1.1 for total 20min calorie burned
  • kyrabeth1986
    kyrabeth1986 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Started today, enjoyed it and found the time passed quickly. Looking forward to the results!
  • LoonyLovegood8
    Options
    Thinking about doing this! Is it worth it?
  • travel4fun
    travel4fun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm on about day 7 of Level 2. I'm also doing C25K, so I'm not really following the 30 day plan, but I LOVE it. I was just thinking this morning how I hate Jillian, but I love the results I'm getting. I've lost 4 inches from my hips, 4 inches from my waist, an inch from each arm, and an inch from each thigh. I just bought jeans 2 sizes smaller than I had been wearing! Gotta love that! For anybody thinking about trying it - go for it! Modify as much as you need to prevent injury. Just keep doing it and you will see results. I'm still doing the "beginner" moves and it's working. It's a great way to burn a ton of calories in less than 30 minutes.
  • gr14
    gr14 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What is c25k ? :)
  • jaztoderan
    jaztoderan Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Couch to 5k Running plan? it's awesome, I'm going to do it again this summer. 9 weeks to running 5k or half an hour without stopping.

If you have no weights you can use water bottles or canned foods. and weights are cheap anyways as far as Jillian Michaels is concerned, they're like a dollar a pound which isn't bad considering you only need a couple ~3lb weights. :)
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today!!
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Started it today, feel free to add me!
  • cindynem
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred day? I like to try this as well.
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Completed Day 2 - Level 1 today! Love/Hate relationship with Jillian, she's mean!!!
    Took before pictures and measurements.
    Wondering if Ishouldn't add extra cardio as well. Is anybody else doing extra workouts in addition to 30DS?
  • buckeyegirl6973
    buckeyegirl6973 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    thoughti had the dvd...but i have extreme shred and shed...so i did 30 minutes of that...but tomorrow getting the 30 day shred.!(hopefully it's not sold out!
  • buckeyegirl6973
    buckeyegirl6973 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    yes i add other cardio...just because i love to run..so i do treadmill(run outside when i can)..and for low impact i like to do the bike.
  • ChunkyMonkey207
    ChunkyMonkey207 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 3 of Level 1...It's kicking my butt.My legs hurt so bad I could barely walk yesterday! I don't care for her voice..May need to listen to music and mute her! :) Feel free to add me!!
  • deeders1220
    deeders1220 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Starting today! Feel free to add me! Oh Jillian Michaels, how I fear/love you...

Took "before" pictures and measurements. Looking forward to reporting at the end of the month!