Looking for fitness pals who are starting the C25K program.

Options
I just downloaded the Active Trainer Couch to 5K program. I know that I will need motivation, support and ACCOUNTABILITY. Im looking for others who are just beging the program, people who have participated, or anyone else that can offer support. Im hoping that I can help others as well.

Replies

• justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join but I can't start the program until my Ipod Touch is delivered. That should be within the next few days. Can I join in then?
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Try the numerous Couch to 5k threads in the Motivation & Support thread. There are at least three. Please search the threads before posting a duplicate.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    When do you plan on starting I am going to start Monday becuase the weather is finally nice here in Bama and I have a 5k in June
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you!
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well! I started it at the gym but I dont really enjoy running on the treadmill. I'd like to try it outside in the nice spring weather!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I started the C25K program at the end of January, but I was sidelined with injuries for a while, and now at home over spring break because there is nowhere to run. I'll be back on it Monday, redoing week 3.
  • wolfpackgirl
    Options
    :happy: Wow. I am so motivated by your responses,, I was not looking forward to starting this program, I just knew it was something I needed to do, but now i am excited. By all means, EVERYONE jump in, it doesnt matter when you start or where you are in the program.

Lets come up with a plan for supporting each other and checking in on each other. I dont know about you guys but I have to feel liek I am accoountable to somebody. Any ideas???? What would help you guys?
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of weigh in/check in days.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Try the numerous Couch to 5k threads in the Motivation & Support thread. There are at least three. Please search the threads before posting a duplicate.

There is nothing wrong with starting a new thread, some of those threads have been going for awhile and it's hard to jump into them, especially if you're new.

C25K is a good program, I did it a couple of years ago and haven't been running regular for awhile so I started it again this week, finished my day three this morning. I'm doing it Mon, Wed, Fri.
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Is anyone still with this group/thread? I just completed Week 1 Day 1 this afternoon. Not bad. :)
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Finally back at school - redoing week three tonight and Thursday, and then I'm starting week 4 on Sunday.
  • keiko
    Options
    Yesterday was W2, D1. The weather was nice and it felt good to get out and run and enjoy it!
    Looking forward to D2 tomorrow.
    Hope everyone has a good run whatever day you are on!
  • Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    Options
    Hi, is it too late to join in? The weather has just started to really get nice around here and I love to use the outdoors when I can. Every year the town I live in has a 5k and 10k run on New Years Eve. I would love to participate in it this year!! I also just got the Nike + iPod accessorie and this would be great to try it out on! Thanks for starting the new group!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Hey Bleux, the more the merrier! :flowerforyou:

I am in a little bit of shock right now. Back story: I have NEVER been a runner. The Mile during grade school/high school was the worst, most inhumane form of torture I could imagine. I hated it, I was always the slowest, and I never managed to run even halfway around the quarter-mile track.

Today, I was redoing w3d2 and when I got to the end of the second three-minute run and went "Hey, this was way too short. I'm gonna keep going." And so I did. And then I went a little further, and a little further, until I'd already gone more than a quarter of a mile and said "I should probably stop here just so I don't hurt myself." So on top of my three minutes at 5.5, I did an extra .3 miles. And I am insanely proud of myself. :blushing:
  • Bleux
    Options
    Hi Sunsh1ne,

I can COMPLETELY understand your PE story from school! I was the same way. I DREADED PE especially running. To boot, I had a very tall, athletic brother who was captain of the Cross Country team! I like to work out, love the Eliptical and Stair climber, ride my bike nearly every day, but running was never my thing. I am really looking forward to being able to run this... maybe even join in the 10k run at the end of the year as opposed to "just" (ha. ha.) the 5k, but we'll see how it goes. Good luck to you! Just keep running!!!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Did W4D1 today. It was so hard, but I feel so good that I finished all the intervals! How's everyone doing?
  • Bleux
    Options
    Sorry it took a couple days to answer. I have been working 24-7 (literally since I am a nanny and the parents are out of town this weekend, Thursday through Sunday). I am hoping to get in W1D2 this afternoon (W1D1 was on Wednesday); put the boys on bikes and me running on the track. I'll log in if/when I get this done.
  • keiko
    Options
    I haven't been on her lately but I have been running. I did week 2, now I'm havng two days of rest. Yesterday and Wednesday after my run I walked my dog 2.5 mi. By the time I was done my legs & butt were tired! I'll walk the dog today and tomorrow but that's it for exercise for me this weekend. I'm looking forward to week 3 on Monday!

Sunsh1ne, great job for sticking with it and finishing those intervals. I know it's so easy to talk myself into saying "I can't do this" when really if I push through it, it feels so good knowing that "I can!"

Bleux, good idea to get the boys involved! It's never to early to start learning good habits! Hope your run goes good!
  • Bleux
    Options
    Bleux, good idea to get the boys involved! It's never to early to start learning good habits! Hope your run goes good!

Agreed... though it is more about wearing them out!! Haha. They are ages 2 years, 3.5 years, and 6 years!

Ok, here is my run for today. A little harder with the boys since the 2 year old wasn't all that keen after a while and my cool-down was a little slower than usual as I let him walk with me. But all-in-all a good run. First time in years on a track. I prefer a "cross-country" run. I may have ups and downs to do, but it is SO much more interesting than just running around in circles. I look forward to Monday's run.

W1D2:
    29:32 minutes
    4.22 km
    6:59 min/km

Slightly slower than my last run, but I think that had more to do with my distraction of watching what the kids were doing rather than focusing completely on my run. We'll see how Monday goes. Have a great weekend!
  • Bleux
    Options
    Is anyone else totally loving this whole running thing?! I mean, I know I have just started, and have been lucky with weather (only sort of rained the first day but gave me a very pleasant, quite, zen-like run), but I am always so eager for my "rest-day(s)" to be done so I can go hit the trail again. I hope it continues as my intervalls become more running than walking!