Hi. New guy looking for some support

Options
mwyle
mwyle Posts: 24 Member
Hi Everyone

I'm new here.

I've never been slim but I have let my weight climb and I know that I'm far too heavy

I've set my target to lose about 100lb

Been tracking for about a week now. Have done Weightwatchers in the past and lost a few stone but put it back on. Want to learn to eat real food, the right portion sizes and to move more

Welcome to be friends with anyone for some moral support.

M

Replies

• imvossey09
    Options
    Hi there - I can totally relate and am back on track, again! lol Started tracking my food and hitting the gym again today. For me, the gym is the biggest motivator because I know that as long as I go, everything else seems to fall into place.

Best of Luck! Let's make this our year:smile:
  • MichelleLovesMJ
    MichelleLovesMJ Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too! Started my diet today :)
  • eAddict
    eAddict Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi, new to MFP but been on WW for a year. Started at about 265 and am down to 209.
    I don't look at it as a diet, for a diet is a short-term view of things, I looked at as a lifestyle change.
    Just as people quit smoking or drinking I gave up excess. Under WW I can eat anything as long as I was willing to pay (ie points) for it. In the beginning it was tough. Now not so much.

I look at weight loss like saving for a new car. You can save a little bit each month and in a year or so get the car. Same with with weight loss. My goal is 0.5-1.5lb/week. If I over eat then I bump my goal back a week or two. How soon would you want a new car? How soon do you want a new you? I also find the analogy continues as folks will take cars in for regular maintenance but do the same for themselves. A car that is taken care of lasts a long, long time. When we do the same for ourselves we can hope to be around a long, long time.

Also, at one of the WW meetings our leader said it took you 20, 30, sometimes 40 or more years to get where you are now. You will NOT undue that in a month or 2 months or maybe even a year. Patience is the key.

Feel free to add me as a friend too (and anyone else on this topic).
  • mwyle
    mwyle Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone