DisneyWorld trip in July!!

Options
Hi, my name is Lindsey. I am a 26 year old SAHM of 3 wonderful kids. While I love the little buggers they do not allow me to much free time to exercise. But I am making myself do this, even if I have to stay up late. We are planning our first trip to DisneyWorld this july and I would love to try to lose at least 40 lbs. I am currently 240 and want to get myself healthy and happyfor our trip. I also would love to take pictures instead of hiding from the camera. Any tips or advice would be awesome.

Replies

• TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hello,

1. Keep track of the food you eat. Sounds easy but most people underestimate their calories by 50%.

2. Don't skip meals. The reason for this is simple, when you skip a meal you are hungrier longer. This will trigger something in your brain that will draw you to high calorie foods (cravings). If you can eat at regular intervals, that will help.

3. Low fat dairy that is high in calcium actually traps fat and keeps it from absorbing into your system. In other words you poop it out.

4. Protein and Fiber will keep you full longer and it has the added benefit of retaining or gaining some muscle.

5. Exercise has the added benefit of after-burn. When you exercise you deplete your fat stores, not many but enough that in the next 22 hours they will have to be replenished and thats where the weight loss comes in.

6. Any exercise is good for you. Take the stairs, park away from the building, walk to the corner grocery store, take a bike ride. Everything doesn't have to be an all out exercise attack. Anything you can do will help.
  • mtabh
    mtabh Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I feel the same in regard to having time to workout. I'm a SAHM. It's hard. But I have to remind myself that activity is activity. Park further from the grocery store, if you go to the mall walk a few laps (quickly) before beginning your shopping. Things like that.

Try to incorporate being more active! I need to start working out more.
  • mtabh
    mtabh Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Also - for Christmas we went on a cruise and then spent two days at Disney afterward. It was AMAZING. Your going to have a blast. Enjoy your trip!
  • Willkathmum
    Willkathmum Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I used to be SAHM mum but am now working so appreciate the time issue for exercise. My kids are old enough to occupy themselves when I work out but finding the time is difficult. I either get up early to do a bit - short DVD or taking the dog out or in the evening when the kids are either in bed or relaxing before bed, just a little bit is better than nothing.

We're in the UK and one of the reasons I want to lose weight is that we have a big trip to Florida in April and currently I don't fit into any of my summer clothes....eek, we can do it! feel free to add me :smile:
  • imvossey09
    Options
    Hey there - I have a similar goal, heading to the beach with the family over the summer and already have anxiety of being in a swimsuit around all of them. Here's to staying on track! :flowerforyou: