Walk around the world with me?

Options
Walk around the world? Are you kidding me? No! 36,787.559 km is needed, I am sure we can all do our part to get there. If we are really determined....... we can do so much of that & not know. All you need is a app that will record your distance, a map to log to route ( virtual route though remember cause you are NOT really walking the world) and the drive to do it.

Who's in it with me? Come on. Walking, it's not hard. It needs only a pair of shoes...or even barefoot if you want. Treadmills are allowed, but NOT encouraged....unless you can't walk on the spot inside or go outdoors. OUTDOORS in some real sunshine & weather (yep even cold air is great) is more than welcome.

Come on, let's see who can get to it 1st? Record your distance here every day...end of the week add that all up, then add each week up together.

Replies

• smiley13000
    smiley13000 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Does running count??

Wow. It'd be a shame if noone else commented... COME ON PEOPLE!!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    This sounds like it would make an awesome group page!

And sure, cold air is great...but freezing my butt off isn't. Minnesota winters aren't kind to walkers. XD
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I'll come with you. Do we all start the same place or from where we are? I am in Vancouver BC, Canada....should I start walking east? North? South? Not doing west...too wet.:tongue:
  • frida001
    frida001 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    can I log miles or do I need to convert to km?
  • kristykritter
    Options
    It's 20 degrees here. I will if I can walk on the treadmill. I can't handle the cold.
  • vnovit
    vnovit Posts: 101
    Options
    Walk around the world? Are you kidding me? No! 36,787.559 km is needed, I am sure we can all do our part to get there. If we are really determined....... we can do so much of that & not know. All you need is a app that will record your distance, a map to log to route ( virtual route though remember cause you are NOT really walking the world) and the drive to do it.

Who's in it with me? Come on. Walking, it's not hard. It needs only a pair of shoes...or even barefoot if you want. Treadmills are allowed, but NOT encouraged....unless you can't walk on the spot inside or go outdoors. OUTDOORS in some real sunshine & weather (yep even cold air is great) is more than welcome.

Come on, let's see who can get to it 1st? Record your distance here every day...end of the week add that all up, then add each week up together.

Amazing!
  • Emeraldmist20
    Options
    sounds good to me!!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Anything counts. Running, jogging, walking, zombie shuffle...pmsl.

As long as it's a movement forward... then it counts :)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options
    can I log miles or do I need to convert to km?
    convert the km to miles.... go for it. I use KM that's the only reason it was in KM.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options
    I'll come with you. Do we all start the same place or from where we are? I am in Vancouver BC, Canada....should I start walking east? North? South? Not doing west...too wet.:tongue:

Walk any direction you choose, it's a circle so you could go ssw or nne....all makes the same way :)
  • Oklahoma_girl
    Options
    I'll walk with ya what's the app :D
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options
    I'll walk with ya what's the app :D

I use Endomondo Pro on my phone to log distance, my fitbit one also tracks my distance. MapMyWalk & MapMyRun do the same, as well as Zombies Run! that makes it just fun to do distance as well.