Getting married in the late summer and needs to 23lbs....

Options
Hi! My name is Bacall. I am 23 years old and I need to lose 23 lbs in 5 months....is this possible? I've been the type of a girl that fluctuates in weight my whole life. But I have only been to this weight one time before (Freshman 15) so it would be horrible to go into my wedding weighing the most I've weighed in my life... my darn fiance' only eats unhealthy food and I picked up his ways over the last year = ( but I'm back better than ever and I'm eating super healthy all small meals a few times a day and I am doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred everyday....anyway... I usually weigh about 135ish and would love to be back there by the first week in May so that I can go try on dresses. Any suggests as to how I can for sure insure that I will lose those 13lbs before I try on dresses? Do I need to be doing more working out? What should I not be eating at all and how crazy serious do I need to be about this? I am a super busy person with 3 jobs all involving taking care of kids and I am really involved at church so I have very little time to workout.... what can I do???? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
766577.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• jmatecki
    jmatecki Posts: 32
    Options
    They suggest 1-2 lb weight loss per week so it is possible BUT you will need to adjust your schedule. You may need to get in an intense workout either before or after your jobs to increase your calorie deficit. The larger the deficit the quicker the weight will drop. You need both halves of the equation -- EXERCISE AND DIET! You need to have gazelle intensity and deal with the temporary discomfort to reach your goal. I'm here to help you anyway I can. I hope this helps.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I think it is doable. You can at least get as close as possible. 23 lbs in 5 months is approx 1.2 lbs a week, so it is a healthy goal.

I lost weight for my wedding last summer, it can be an extremely motivating event! Congratulations, and good luck!

You can lose weight without exercise simply by modifying your diet. However you will lose it faster and tone up at the same time if you work it into your daily routine.
  • bacallmarie
    Options
    What type of intense workout? Jillian Michaels feels crazy intense to me LOL.... Do you have any suggestions? My funds are pretty limited so if it can be another video that would be great. I live in the Central Valley and have allergy onset asthma so running outside is pretty much out. Sorry to be so difficult... And have you head of Dave Ramsey before?
  • bacallmarie
    Options
    Thank you! how did you lose your weight for your wedding? I've actually lost more like 7 lbs so far but I put my weight in wrong when I first started... wishful thinking I guess lol... and couldn't figure out how to fix it.

766577.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    What type of intense workout? Jillian Michaels feels crazy intense to me LOL.... Do you have any suggestions? My funds are pretty limited so if it can be another video that would be great. I live in the Central Valley and have allergy onset asthma so running outside is pretty much out. Sorry to be so difficult... And have you head of Dave Ramsey before?

do you have access to any equipement at all? even at a friend's house? Running and cycling are great. Swimming is great as well. I don't really like any of the videos I have tried. Dancing is a great activity that you can do around the house. Just crank the music and go nuts :bigsmile:

I lost my weight just by tracking my caloric intake and output(exercise). It came off pretty quickly for me because I was very heavy, obese actually. You're already at a lower weight so it will happen more gradually but it WILL still happen. Just have to be really patient.

Also don't worry about your weight when trying on dresses. I bought my dress off the rack in a size 12 (snug at the time), when the wedding arrived I had to have the dress taken in to a size 8. Just check with the salesperson to verify that the dress can be altered down if needed. I know a girl that had hers taken from a 16 to an 8!!
  • bacallmarie
    Options
    I think my grandparents might have a treadmill they would lend my its pretty old but I think it still works... I will call them and see
  • jani96
    jani96 Posts: 1
    Options
    I think it is very possible to lose 23lbs in five months, but you have to be very dedicated. The best way to do it is set yourself a goal of maybe 1200 calories a day and stick to it. As you don't have as much time to workout you will probably have to cut down the amount of food you eat not go to the gym etc. Some tips I would give you is when you have a meal have a small plate and not a large one. You will think you have alot when it will actually be a small portion. Also snack on healthy things, For example fruit or nuts, not chocolate. Also take care with the brand of food you use. I really like the weight watchers brand, everything is very low in calorie but very nice. Also, don't be tempted even though you may really like the smell of something and may be tempted to eat it. Just think to yourself that it will all be worth it at the end. Another way of controlling what you eat is by sucking on some ice or having carrot or celery or a chewing gum. You will have something in your mouth, but with hardly or no calories. Low calorie foods include: Carrots, celery, Weight watchers cirtus yogurts, telda basmati rice, wholegrain rice, turkey breast, chicken breast, new potatoes, salsa, always check what you are eating and what's in it. Because even though it may look healthy etc You would be surprised with how many calories it has.And of course you can treat yourself to something sweet. For example weight watchers mini brownie with only 19 calories per brownie! Also don't go out for meals, it's much better if you make your own as you know just how much fat and calories is in it. And lastly ask your family to be supportive and maybe try what your having once in a while. If you would like any low calorie recipes just ask and I can give you some :)
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    P90X is crazier intense! I personally LOVE Jillian Michael's workouts; you can always start with the 30 Day Shred, a 20-min workout, and there's 3 levels of difficulty. She's also got a 30-min and two 40-min workouts (No More Trouble Zones - my absolute fav!). All $9 at walmart. Once you get used to them, it does get easier. As my grandpa always said "don't knock it until you try it!" :bigsmile:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Have you taken your measurements? I think you should go for inches rather than pounds. If you're healthy and have good muscle tone, you're going to weigh more. Just a thought.
  • bacallmarie
    Options
    I haven't taken measurements since I started working out but I have it from the day I started so I will have to remeasure. Thank you.