looking for a good recipe book!

abbylove08
abbylove08 Posts: 215
edited September 20 in Recipes
Anyone know of a recipe book that has entire meals with calorie counts planned out? (and that has delicious recipes!)
I'm getting bored of eating the same things all the time for lunch and dinner. I love too cook but am not good at just coming up with a healthy and delicious meal...

Replies

• jessw86
    jessw86 Posts: 29
    I got the weight watchers in 20 minutes recipe book the other day and it has a lot of great recipes. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, sweets, etc. I don't follow weight watchers, I count my calories and track my food on MFP but this recipe book has all the nutritional information you need. Calories are broken down into what is in one serving and how much one serving would be. I think it's great!!
  • kaitlynsmom
    kaitlynsmom Posts: 140 Member
    I have The Biggest Loser Family Cookbook and the other BL cookbook and I like them. Easy to make, yummy and tells you all the calories and everything. It has breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and dessert
  • treecy1
    treecy1 Posts: 6
    Taste of Home Comfort Foods Diet Cookbook is awesome!
  • lukiyuu
    lukiyuu Posts: 1 Member
    I don't have a recipe book to recommend, but part of my problem is making meals at home and not knowing the calorie count. I found a website www.caloriecount.about.com that will figure it out for you. Just click on "foods" and then "new recipe" you can type in your recipe and the amount of servings and it will calculate all the nutritional info for you. And the nice thing is, you don't even have to sign up for the website, you can just click off of it and cancel out. Hope this helps.
  • shalma
    shalma Posts: 80
    Chef Rocco DiSpirito just came out with a cookbook with all recipes under 350 calories called "Now Eat This". It is 150 comfort foods and all looks really great!
  • elysant
    elysant Posts: 139
    Shalma - I LOVE this cookbook!!! I bought it recently and have yet to make anything out of it that wasn't wonderful!! :o)
  • eeyore81
    eeyore81 Posts: 13
    I was wondering the same thing. Looks like I have a few cookbooks to buy now. :)
  • I juuuust went to Barnes and Noble yesturday and bought the cook book, Hungry Girl "200 Receipes Under 200 Calories." It has some AMAZING looking food in it and ALL the nutritional values right at the top of the page. I HIGHLY recommend it and it was only like 20 bucks! = ] I bought her other book too, I haven't looked at it too much but I'm sure it's a good buy too.
This discussion has been closed.