NSV!!! BODY FAT %

Options
cm1458
cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
So I just calculated my new body fat %...
SW: 263 and 46% body fat
CW: 163 and 26% body fat
I lost 20% body fat! :) NSV!
I still wanna get to like 20%
While I'm really happy with the -20%, but I can always improve! :)

Replies

• bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing, well done!!

I also monitor body fat % closely as I think that gives the best indication to my health (currently 32% started at 40%). at 46% you were so high risk you may never realise but now you're normal!!

brilliant :)
  • Jo5ie
    Jo5ie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Can I ask what you use to measure your body fat? There is a hand held machine in the gym which isn't too accurate and measures me at 27% body fat, which is the same measurement is gave me when I was 2 stone heavier and not as toned as I am now. I've heard calipers aren't accurate either and instructors don't like to use them as it's quite personal. So I always wonder how other people get theirs measured?
  • cm1458
    Options
    Can I ask what you use to measure your body fat? There is a hand held machine in the gym which isn't too accurate and measures me at 27% body fat, which is the same measurement is gave me when I was 2 stone heavier and not as toned as I am now. I've heard calipers aren't accurate either and instructors don't like to use them as it's quite personal. So I always wonder how other people get theirs measured?

I use this website : http://www.free-online-calculator-use.com/military-body-fat-calculator.html
    and I had it tested at my nutritionist's office three weeks ago and i was at 27%, and I've lost about 3lbs since then, so I assume its bretty correct
  • cm1458
    Options
    Thats amazing, well done!!

I also monitor body fat % closely as I think that gives the best indication to my health (currently 32% started at 40%). at 46% you were so high risk you may never realise but now you're normal!!

brilliant :)

Thank you. -8! good for you! I know I was not healthy at all. I am so thankful have dug myself out of that hole. I'm glad I realized before it was too late...some people dont :(. And Im glad you did too! keep up the good work ! :bigsmile:
  • Jo5ie
    Jo5ie Posts: 33 Member
    Options

I use this website : http://www.free-online-calculator-use.com/military-body-fat-calculator.html
    and I had it tested at my nutritionist's office three weeks ago and i was at 27%, and I've lost about 3lbs since then, so I assume its bretty correct

Thank you! Came out at 24.9 so now I have something I can compare to :flowerforyou:
  • cm1458
    Options

Thank you! Came out at 24.9 so now I have something I can compare to :flowerforyou:

:) I think you look awesome!!
  • Canadien
    Canadien Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    GREAT job! That's fantastic, really inspirational!

I've also had some success with body fat%, which is honestly much more important than weight. I started out at about 22% and went down to around 10%!

So good job to both of us (but more to you because WOW -20%!)
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Congratulations on your hard work paying off! Thank you for sharing the link as well!
  • missymuffet
    missymuffet Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That's good news as I have dropped 5% of my body fat! YAY!!!
  • cm1458
    Options
    You are all awesome! great work and congrats to u all!!!
  • bigeasy36
    bigeasy36 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratz that awesome!!!! Keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!