Introducing Myself

Options
wdkirk
wdkirk Posts: 12 Member
Hi,

I'm a 43 year old husband with 2 girls. I've yo-yo'd for more years than I care to admit. I also jump to extremes and want to find a new relationship with food that is healthy rather than extreme. I travel a lot for work and my recent engagement has me going coast to coast. I use the jet lag card to avoid exercise and eat crap. My goal for this site is to find folks to help keep me accountable logging my food and exercise, stay within my limits and keep it real.

Thanks,
David

Replies

• thinktank32k
    Options
    hi dave, if you are looking for an honest pal and motivator feel free to add me. i have been on here almost a year and have benefited from people being honest and giving me motivation daily.
  • dan_boisvert_sub5x50
    Options
    Hi David,

It's great to be starting 2013 with you. I'll send a friend request shortly!

Dan
  • elorawood
    elorawood Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi David,

I can see how eating healthy and exercising can be more difficult when you are traveling a lot. There are a lot of good restaurant and even ¨fast food¨ places that have healthier options though - and most Hotels these days have Gyms - so let´s hope that we can get you motivated :) Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • jimlee216
    Options
    Hi All - looking at some of the posts here sounds all so familiar! I too have yo-yo'd over the years and the older I get (56 and counting) and the fact I have a desk job and also can work at home a lot has made me VERY sedentary!! I need to get back to going OUT and moving around more. Have been on Weight Watchers for the last 7 years - great program but when I stop counting the points the lbs. come back quicker than they came off! Now with the holidays over I find at 240 being 10 lbs less than my worst back in 2001 but far from my high "low" point of 205 in 2006!! Looking for new ideas to try and boost the weight loss into higher gear, looking to get back to the gym regularly and at least walking more!
    Hope to hear and read more success stories - strength in numbers right?
  • mlk8604
    mlk8604 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend :)