Whey Protein for Weight Loss

Options
Hey everyone- does anyone use whey protein? Has it helped you with losing weight or burning fat? Any opinions would be great =)

Thanks!

Replies

• squirtgunsablzn
    Options
    i really only use whey to hit the macros i want to hit. you could use a mix a whey and casein as a meal replacement if you want something semi sweet. i sometime do this. i use 1/2 scoop chocolate casein and 1.5 scoops cookies and cream protein and 4oz skim milk 4 oz water. it's like 250 cals and gets me 45grams of protein.w it's not used to weight loss specifically.
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I know it's not the most helpful..
    but I'm curious too.
    I'm using Jillian Michaels Whey protein after I work out... just started this week though, so I don't have an opinion.

Wondering what everyone else says :)
  • silverbullet07
    silverbullet07 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Whey protein is a supplement that is used to add protein to your diet when you are unable to get a natural source of protein. It is not a weight loss aid or used to burn fat. Sure you can substitute a meal with a whey protein shake and it is handy if you have no time to have a seat down meal. however it contain calories just like a meal would have. No really benefit in your weight loss journey as a weight loss aid.
  • NikkiTompson
    NikkiTompson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone- does anyone use whey protein? Has it helped you with losing weight or burning fat? Any opinions would be great =)

Thanks!

Hi...I have just finished reading the 1 day diet by Jennifer jolan.

This diet focuses on IF and high protein low cars. On the IF days the idea is to have 7 -9 protein waters a day, around every 1.5 to 2.5 hrs apart.

The idea behind the protein is to help your body burn fat during IF periods rather than muscle..although I'd suggest reading the book for better accuracy on what I have just said.

Anyway started the diet on Saturday and have lost 3% body fat and 2 pounds.

I am curious to see if this works in terms of helping with only getting rid of fat..I will keep you posted if you like so you can see my progress and make a decision for yourself :)

I use the whey protein (optimum nutrition whey protein gold standard) stated in the book as it has the lowest calories per serving and lowest fat and highest protein when I compared a load of products to purchase in uk.

Nikki :)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    I was consistantly missing my protein goals, but couldn't have even eaten an extra egg at the end of the day, so started sipping on protein powder+water before bed.
    Just ups the protein when I can't fit anymore food inside me.
    It won't help you lose weight or burn fat, but getting enough protein when trying to lose does help (along with exercise) you hold on to your lean muscle mass.