Putting in Zumba for exercise

Options
Hey Everyone!!

Does anyone know how to add Zumba to there exercise log?? Please let me know when you get a chance.

Thanks!

Replies

• Debutante55
    Debutante55 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I log my Zumba as "Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist". If it's a class I've done, then I'll enter the time (60 minutes or whatever). If it's from Zumba Wii then I'll record the number of calories that the game says I've burned and adjust the time on the MFP log to get approximately the same number of calories. Hope this makes sense!
  • Valarie73
    Valarie73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just add it as a custom exercise - though if you want to use something from MFP database I think they have a dance category, or something similar. I have a heart rate monitor, so I know exactly how many calories to enter - but a lot of people use any one of many sites out there that can estimate calorie burn for you. Just Google "Zumba calories" and you'll get a couple of choices. I find those to overshoot the amount burned by about a hundred or so - but everyone is different, so without a heart rate monitor take the estimate and then drop it down a little bit. My average is about 550-650 for an hour class.

Hope that helps!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I made my own exercise and log my calories from my HRM. Actually, now I follow eating at my TDEE so I don't log exercise calories, but that's another story. When I WAS logging my exercise calories, I used my HRM. Before that, I used this site to estimate how many calories burned.

http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/

It seemed to be fairly close to the estimates given by my HRM.

When you type in Zumba and it can't find it in the database, just click on the link to add your own exercise. :)
  • seriouslypinkchick
    seriouslypinkchick Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am a massive Zumba lover lol I always on it on Xbox plus go to a class weekly I was on Zumba earlier 45 mins 11 tracks and burnt 804 calories, I would say its my favourite way of burning calories as its fun 2 :)