Positive people are the bestest

Options
Hey all =)

I'm Alison, 28 years old, born and raised in Southern California. I'm new to this site and so excited to start tracking my weight loss progress. I have 87 lbs to lose and today is my first day. I've actually had the app downloaded on my phone for about 4 months, but never logged in once (sad!). It's just the right time for me now. So I know that mostly everyone makes the new year's resolution of losing weight and probably less than 10% stick to it, but I've made the resolution and this is it for me. Time for change, time for no more excuses and most of all, time to get rid of this fat on my body!

I'm looking to acquire some positive, motivating friends on here. Please add me if you're also looking for the same thing! I would love to be your diet buddy. I'm always interested in reading other people's stories, watching their progress and seeing success. Even failures since we all can learn from each other.

If you're reading this, good luck to you! Take care =)

Replies

• pugsood
    pugsood Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey Ali,
    Good luck with your goals, I'm new to the site as well and on a similar journey as well, will gladly add you as a friend here. Wrote a little intro myself.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/834184-28-obese-likes-to-drink-heavily

Happy new year!
  • tamsin_brown
    tamsin_brown Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes- positive people are awesome :-)
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    hiooo! im new to this site. two days exactly. im a 28 year old female looking to lose a lot of weight! i have needed to do this for a while. i am trying to plan a wedding for the end of this year. so my goal is to lose enough weight to have to buy a new wedding dress! we were suppose to get married last year and unfortunately my fiance was fighting cancer and we could not make it happen. during his treatments i spent a lot of time eating out and eating poorly. everything that is bad for you was good for him. so i had plenty of excuses to keep packing on the pounds. i am also facing type 2 diabetes and high blood sugar. he is now in remission and its time to do this for me. im always looking for positive people to talk to and share ideas and recipes! im not sure how to add people to chat. but feel free to add me or e-mail me simplylucky13@yahoo.com:)
  • alicat084
    Options
    Yay, new friends! =)
  • elorawood
    elorawood Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) We´ll keep each other motivated :)
  • ashumeow
    ashumeow Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Agreed. =P
  • LauraRhodes0902
    LauraRhodes0902 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    adding you now!!
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Valarie.. 40 years old.. born and raised in Southern California too :) I currently live in Wisconsin .. Feel Free to add...
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    hey,
    I am 36yrs old and a mom of 3 kids. My metabolism really slowed down after my last one and I also got put on a medication cuz I was getting shock like headaches where it would feel like I was falling and my head would go numb and it was some wierd kinda migraine one dr said and another thought it was neuritis. anyways they put me on Gabapentin for that and in a period of a little over 3 months I gained 35-40 lbs. My clothes were starting to feel tight on me and I talked with my Dr but was scared to go off the medicine cuz it made me feel great and got rid of my headaches but I gained weight like nuts. So she just recently switched my med to Verapamil instead that one is actually a blood pressure one instead of a seizure one like the Gabapentin was but works great so far and I have lost 6lbs in a little over a wk just going off that med. But I still am really concerned is so hard getting off the weight and my clothes are less comfortable so I went to see a nutritionist today and she recommended to check out this website. I am giving it a fair shot to get bk down to my normal weight before that med or even less if I can get there. I can use any supportive friends to help me reach my goal. Please add me and I will be supportive of your goals as well.
  • alicat084
    Options
    =D happy
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You bet, add me! I will support you! I log every day and have been on here since Aug 2011, we can do this! I am Michele from Florida!