I have a really hard time

Options
Getting all 8 cups of water in each day!

That is a challenge. I have four in as of right now.

Replies

• annax6293
    annax6293 Posts: 14
    Options
    Getting all 8 cups of water in each day!

That is a challenge. I have four in as of right now.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Yeah it is tough- but sometimes you have to force it in- don't forget that after you workout to drink too--
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I like to implement it into my eatting. I drink a full glass before I eat and after, it helps to curb your appetite or over eatting. If you feel full to the gills and cant drink the ful glass after you eat, youve eaten too much, at least this works for me!
  • jsmalla
    jsmalla Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I rarely drink anything else but water. That works great for me but probably not for everyone. So, I always get the water down, no problem. I do the most drinking during meals but now that I'm thinking about it . . . I'm getting thirsty & . . . I have to go get some water. :drinker:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    what worked for me was the same for Jsmalla, I cut everything else out of my diet.. I only drink water and hot tea (w/o suagr)... Unless I'm going out for a nite of drinking, but if you cut all that other stuff out it might be easier.. and drinking bottled water helps too cause most of it has 2 cups worth in the bottle..

Remember diet pop might not have calories but it still has junk in it that isn't all that great for ya body... That helped me to stop drinkin it.. Esp when my friend, who's in school to be a nurse, said they did an expierement and left a cat bone in a cup of coke for 2 weeks and it started to make the bone breakdown, I was kinda ick on the pop aspect... lol
  • lacy100
    lacy100 Posts: 19
    Options
    I share you water drinking problem, but recently I purchased a large bottle that I fill up in the morning, (more then 8 glasses worth) I keep it at my desk at work. Also, it helps with the environment because I'm not always throwing away a lot of office-supplied styrofoam cups.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    i dont drink nearly enough water myself. (prolly get about 4-5 cups) i need to invest in one of those huge bottles.
    Does anyone think that possibly this is why im not losing as fast as expected? i feel like im on a permanent plateau!

in 10 weeks ive only lost 7 lbs, and i workout daily, and never go over cals (or if i do its only by 100 or so)

i also tend to get to my fat allotment before my calorie one, which prolly means i need to work on that ratio also
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Esp when my friend, who's in school to be a nurse, said they did an expierement and left a cat bone in a cup of coke for 2 weeks and it started to make the bone breakdown, I was kinda ick on the pop aspect... lol

Try sticking it on a steak for a few days, it will start breaking down the meat. Makes for a great tenderizer though, marinate your steak in some coke, and seasonings, very delicous, doesnt taste like coke, you just use the coke to make it melt like butter! I guess this is why I get to spend countless hours on this website relearning how to eat!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Water............yum! That's about all I drink...that and a fine red wine. Yum!
  • jarretw822
    Options
    About a year and 1/2 ago I quit drinking soda. And started drinking just water and milk it was really hard for awhile because I hated water so I only drank water when I ate. Now I'm really used to water and prefer it. It just takes time. Also if you don't like plain water add some crystal light to it. Its about 5-10 calories and it makes water taste wonderful.
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    drinking bottled water helps too cause most of it has 2 cups worth in the bottle..

:huh: really a water bottled has 2 cups worth. didn't know that, so it means i drink more than 8 cups/day!!