Newbie here! Any tips?

Options
Hi everyone, I decided to try Atkins and lasted just today before I come home from work and researched a bit more and the side effects scared me so after a day if eggs eggs and more eggs I decided to cook myself something and start again tomorrow on a more sensible diet thus my fitness pal.

Hopefully I will be as successful as most of you

Replies

• nikongirl29
    nikongirl29 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I think fitness pal has been my most sensible way of eating so far! The weight loss is slower, but I think it's more permanent and a "forever" way of living - because who can eat just meat their whole life :) My biggest tip is plan, plan, plan - if you are going out to eat - plan ahead - know what you are going to eat - if you know you will be eating over your calories - be sure and get some exercise to make up for it! Log EVERYTHING you eat - did you know a peppermint has 20 calories? That's not much, but eat 5 peppermints a day and that makes a difference. Good luck!! You can do it!!
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I agree that MFP is the smartest and easiest way to lose weight. I have a lot of friends that try all kinds of restrictive diets and fasts and they gain the weight right back when they're done. MFP is a lifestyle, not a diet. It's about calories in and calories out. My biggest piece of advice is to engage in the great MFP community! You're smart to make a post introducing yourself. Make friends with people who have similar goals as you and motivate each other. Jumping into the MFP community and friending people with similar goals and stats as me has really helped me stay on track and not give up! Best of luck to you!
  • brazjez
    brazjez Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks both. Lost 6.5lb so far so very happy. Hopefully I will stick to it!