I personally cant see a difference in the mirror.. Do you ?

Options
So i've had compliments about my weight loss from people, but yet i dont see any change at all. Im down around 22 pounds. And i just wanna know if any one else see's them. i see slight ones. But i see y self every day so its hard. So i wantedf to know if anyone else sees them, and if so were they see them coming from :) Please and thank you ! the first two pictures were from My graduation in May im in the black. And the rest are from today, janurary 2.

grad_zps66327c68.jpg
Graduation_zpsbbba1ea1.jpg

And now

meee5021_zps852af863.jpg

And one of my face :)

meee5023_zps7ed7cf6c.jpg

For the record The people of MFP have inspired me :)

Replies

• Bodebo
    Bodebo Posts: 9
    Options
    I can see it in your face and arms mostly, and some around your waste (hard to see with the dress). Good job!
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Listen to people! you are looking amazing and doing great!
    Keep up the good work!!
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. A big difference, lady! You look great. Its amazing how incremental change is so difficult to see. I bet back in May you would have killed to look like you do now.

....well, maybe not killed but probably would have been super stoked on it.
  • curves605
    curves605 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I totally see it, keep up the awesome work! Many times the scale won't reflect the changes that a tape measure will. If you arent' keeping track of your measurements it is very motivating. Yay for you!!!
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    There is a HUGE difference! When we see ourselves in the mirror everyday we don't see the changes for a long time, even though everyone else can. That's because they don't see you everyday. It works the same way when we are gaining weight too unfortunately, It takes being unable to fit into our clothes before we notice.

You have done an AWESOME job...keep it up and you will AMAZE yourself by what you see in the mirror. Well done!

Cheers, Carole
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference, especially in your face and waist. Progress pics that you take in your bra and shorts may help too because there's less difference in clothes. Or always wear the same outfit. I'd also start taking some measurements and write them down. I have about five years worth of measurements, and boy can you see when I'm good (when I got really bad, I'd just stop measuring). Sometimes the scale moves, sometimes it doesn't, but usually something changes (measurements or how clothes fit).
  • XxBrightsidexX
    Options
    I can see a difference, especially in your face and waist. Progress pics that you take in your bra and shorts may help too because there's less difference in clothes. Or always wear the same outfit. I'd also start taking some measurements and write them down. I have about five years worth of measurements, and boy can you see when I'm good (when I got really bad, I'd just stop measuring). Sometimes the scale moves, sometimes it doesn't, but usually something changes (measurements or how clothes fit).

I have ones in my bra and shorts, but i dont see a difference, And they wernt from back in may i just started taking them in october.
    And im not brave enough to put them on here yet, So i thought this was a good allterniatave. )

And thank you so much Everyone :)
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Yes, I can see it! Keep up the good work... Its paying off!
  • IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a change. Your arms are smaller and your face is slimmer as well. You are doing a great job! Keep up the awesome work! :happy:
  • saparendos
    Options
    Yes, definately! The loss is mostly in your middle it looks like. There is also some loss in your upper arms. Good job! Keep doing what your doing.
  • XxBrightsidexX
    Options
    Thanks guys !! yOu all just made my day :) Makes me want to go work out :)
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    That looks like a lot more than 22 pounds to me!! Wow great job. There definitely is a noticeable difference! Thanks for sharing your pictures :wink:
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

I have ones in my bra and shorts, but i dont see a difference, And they wernt from back in may i just started taking them in october.
    And im not brave enough to put them on here yet, So i thought this was a good allterniatave. )

Don't worry, I meant take them for yourself. I have to admit, I've taken some, and I feel the same way, but people who see me say I look like I've lost. My clothes are also starting to get a little baggy, but I'm not in a smaller size as of yet.

My new strategy (I joined a 3 month challenge) is to take pics in clothes that are a little too tight, and keep taking pics in those same clothes. I'm hoping because I feel like I "see" the most change in my clothes that might help me see the results more in the photos. I think it's also really hard for us to look at ourselves objectively.
  • XxBrightsidexX
    Options
    That looks like a lot more than 22 pounds to me!! Wow great job. There definitely is a noticeable difference! Thanks for sharing your pictures :wink:

Really to me, It doesnt even feel like 22 pounds, for some reason, I always still see my self as this chubby girl. it jsut wont go away.
  • XxBrightsidexX
    Options

Don't worry, I meant take them for yourself. I have to admit, I've taken some, and I feel the same way, but people who see me say I look like I've lost. My clothes are also starting to get a little baggy, but I'm not in a smaller size as of yet.

My new strategy (I joined a 3 month challenge) is to take pics in clothes that are a little too tight, and keep taking pics in those same clothes. I'm hoping because I feel like I "see" the most change in my clothes that might help me see the results more in the photos. I think it's also really hard for us to look at ourselves objectively.

ive done that to . For some reason to me it always seems like my tummy is bigger. :( Its hard for me to shake off that image of me being chubby. i dont know why,
  • suzeq22
    suzeq22 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see it. Good for you! I fell off the wagon for a while but now getting motivated to lose this weight once and for all. I see your photos as an inspiration to get going. Keep up the good work and know you are also motivating others!!
    :happy:
  • XxBrightsidexX
    Options
    I can definitely see it. Good for you! I fell off the wagon for a while but now getting motivated to lose this weight once and for all. I see your photos as an inspiration to get going. Keep up the good work and know you are also motivating others!!
    :happy:

Ever since ive started i couldnt wat to put up my own success story :) Because the people i saw motivated me
    So im glad im doing the same. You can do it :)
  • brittaney0625
    brittaney0625 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Hard to see much in your 'after' picture but I see it in your face!! Lookin great!!
  • midwestdawn
    midwestdawn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Cheekbones! Yes, there's definitely a difference!
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I can tell! You are a very pretty girl, btw. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!