I got a Nutribullet!

Options
So, mom and dad gave me a nutribullet for Christmas!

Does anyone else have one? What kinds of things do you do with it? Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• MaintainCats
    MaintainCats Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I like the looks of these. Watching/following.
  • mlkuper
    mlkuper Posts: 10
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my Nutribullet!!!!! A friend accused me of working in their marketing dept, I love mine so much. ;)

Never go over half for veggies in the beginning though, or you will be turned off. Now I do, but I didn't after my first extremely grean, leafy one.

My faves:
    1. Cucumber, parsley, avocado, dime-sized piece of ginger, frozen mango & blueberries
    2. Baby spinach, parsley, banana, frozen mixed berries, cut up pear/apple

I actually use the frozen mango & blueberries all the time, with whatever I'm juicing, though I do try to mix it up.

Good luck! I got mine a month ago and now use it twice a day with gusto. I bring the bullets with me to drink after I hit the gym.
  • candoit14
    candoit14 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That's great! I was just thinking of buying one. It sounds like allot of ingredients but I can give it a try. It sounds so healthy
  • MaintainCats
    MaintainCats Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my Nutribullet!!!!! A friend accused me of working in their marketing dept, I love mine so much. ;)

Never go over half for veggies in the beginning though, or you will be turned off. Now I do, but I didn't after my first extremely grean, leafy one.

My faves:
    1. Cucumber, parsley, avocado, dime-sized piece of ginger, frozen mango & blueberries
    2. Baby spinach, parsley, banana, frozen mixed berries, cut up pear/apple

I actually use the frozen mango & blueberries all the time, with whatever I'm juicing, though I do try to mix it up.

Good luck! I got mine a month ago and now use it twice a day with gusto. I bring the bullets with me to drink after I hit the gym.

Have you used frozen veggies before? My fridge is crap so things like broccoli, spinach, lettuce etc...it would have to be frozen.
  • katiefridley
    katiefridley Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    That's one thing that is going to be tough. Being a college student living in a residence hall, my fridge and budget are quite small, so I need drinks that can be made on few ingredients. They sound so yummy though!
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I love mine also. I bought one a few months ago and I have a pretty standard breakfast smoothie that I make every morning, but will tweak it some just to change it up.

In the larger carafe... spinach, blueberries (frozen), raspberries (frozen), flax seeds (whole), whey protein powder, water.

My tweaks consist of adding some kale in place of some of the spinach, a few frozen cherries, raw pumpkin seeds or almonds, tablespoon of greek yogurt, and coconut water for half of the water I would normally add. I do one or a combination of these tweaks to change it up every so often, but be careful of the nuts and seeds addition that you don't go overboard as it makes the smoothie a little "muddy" and adds fat and calories (the good kind, but maybe more than you expect). I get the frozen, no sugar added berries so the smoothie will be nice and cold.

Whatever you do though, DO NOT go above the max line on the Nutribullet if you can help it. It will get horribly loud and most likely will leak as it needs enough air to do it's voodoo. I have lost about 57lbs so far eating more naturally and cleanly and attribute some of that to the Nutribullet.
  • katiefridley
    katiefridley Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do though, DO NOT go above the max line on the Nutribullet if you can help it. It will get horribly loud and most likely will leak as it needs enough air to do it's voodoo. I have lost about 57lbs so far eating more naturally and cleanly and attribute some of that to the Nutribullet.

Thanks for that tip! And congrats on your weight loss! Hopefully it will help me out, too.