2nd time on MFP

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Amanda. I am [almost] 30...only a few more days until my birthday. Since I was about 8 years old, I have been overweight. Macaroni & cheese and easy, cheap foods for dinner played a major role in that. A few years ago I lost about 30 pounds, but gained it all back b/c of stress and not being smart about continuing to eat like I should. I went to the doctor not too long ago and was told I HAVE to lose some weight. She did put me on an appetite-suppressant and it's helped. BUT she told me she would no longer give me the prescription for it if I don't track everything I eat on MFP. So far I've lost 13.6 pounds. It's an awesome feeling to be able to SEE the tendons and veins on the backs on my hands and my feet! Anyone that wants to can add me. I welcome any support/encouragement/advice that anyone wants to send my way. :) Thanks! :)

Replies

• Slaci_Jo
    Slaci_Jo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! I need support and encouragement as well lol
  • brandyk40
    brandyk40 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda, I am like you, I love cheap and easy foods-mostly fast foods-so I understand your struggles. I also have lost weight and put it back on plus some. I am hoping to finally get on track and make this the year that I finally lose and leave the weight off. I am 33 and I live in Kentucky and would love keep in contact to offer encouragement to you! I could use some as well! It always seems to be a lil easier when you have help
  • kltjct
    kltjct Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great Progress! My name is Karen and I'm 46 years old. I'm back to my top weight again and I know I've got to get a handle on things on my end too. I would welcome us staying in touch. I've started recording everything effective today with the new year and I'm looking forward to a brand new wardrobe that I've promised myself when I hit my goal. Before that, no purchases. I have struggled with my weight since an early age. In fact, this same top weight is what I weighed at my high point in High School. It's not a constant yo yo but it's more than it needs to be -- too many distractions these days and too many gimmicks!! Let's do this together. You're off to a great start already!!
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda,
    It helps if you keep track of what you eat because you can see what you were eating when you lose weight and what you ate when the pounds start creeping up. Appetite suppressents will work while you are taking them but unless you learn how to eat healthy - the weight will come back when you stop taking them.
    Make small changes that you can stick with for life. MFP isn't about dietiting - it is about eating a healthy diet and exercising to be healthier.
    Keep bags of frozen vegetables in the freezer so you can always have some veggies. Keep healthy snacks like fruits, cheese sticks, hardboiled eggs, carrots, celery and yogurt so you can always have healthy snacks ready and you won't be tempted to go for the junk food.
    Good luck on your journey! Happy (early) Birthday!
  • akelli01
    akelli01 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! :)
  • mabsan
    mabsan Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Amanda,

Well done on getting started. I'm just starting today too. girl power. stay strong xxx