Starting and starting again. This time I mean it....

Options
Hi all, I have been on this site off and on again for quite a while. I have started and stopped for 2 years. This site has helped me tremendously in the past. I am looking for some new friends to help keep me motivated and accounted for.. So please add me and help me keep my focus in check... :)

When I started I was 171 lbs and I eventually lost 35 lbs tracking my food intake and exercising. In April of 2012 I was 137 lbs. As of January 1st I weighed 168 lbs. I am horrified. And embarrassed because I have gained all that weight back in the course of 7 months. I have a real problem with in the middle of the night eating since April. Its a problem and a very bad habit. I really could use some help..

Please add me!!

Replies

• rachelblank427
    rachelblank427 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ladyshills
    Options
    You sound like me! I started back again yesterday. At 170.8 pounds after having lost 30 pounds in 2010. Back then I started at 179.8 so I am starting from a slightly lower number this time & MFP definately helps. My goal is 30 pounds by May 11th.. (my vacation). Good luck!
  • epeebes
    epeebes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I've been on and off this site and within a year I gained back 30 lbs of the 34 I lost. We can help each other and try again! :flowerforyou:

I'll send a request :smile:
  • rachelblank427
    rachelblank427 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    thank yall so much :):flowerforyou:
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Don't be embarrassed! Shame is such a destructive emotion! The time, effort and focus that allowed you to be successful the first time probably got sucked up by something else. You were probably successful at whatever that was at the cost of your health. Too zen? Sorry, but I really think it's all about balance.
  • write2sonya
    write2sonya Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You story sounds just like mine. We've done this before and we can do it again! Friend request on the way....
  • SolanumSunrise
    SolanumSunrise Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    It's my second time around trying to get healthier as well. I'd be happy to be an accountability partner.
  • stephaniecaine82
    stephaniecaine82 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I sent a request as well!! I got off the kick about a month ago and gained 2 pounds back.......so it happens fast!! Back on it today....seem like I'm starving again, but will love the results! Stick with it!