Family Meals

Options
Just made dinner for my boyfriend and used some of the ingredients to make my own healthy dinner. Do you find making dinner which looks so fatty and tasty for family really tempting... ??

Mel.

Replies

• seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    granted my "family" is really just me and my husband, but we pretty much subsist on meat, cheese, and pasta. and he doesn't always like to try to eat healthier stuff like salad and whatnot (though he did ask me to get asparagus and green beans this week, which is sadly out of the ordinary). comfort food is our weakness.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I don't make two different meals. I want my girls to learn to make healthy and wise choices as a teacher I know the best teacher is often modeling. We discuss why I have made the choices to cook what I have or at times I get their or their fathers thoughts on what we should or should not cook and why.
  • wjleffi
    wjleffi Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I make the same meals - everyone eats the same healthy proteins, fats, veg and fruit and just varies the portions of starchy carbs to what each needs. I also enjoy making healthy recipes and my son and husband just take bigger portions since they need more calories.